|Xavier Buck, CEO|
VoipGATE is a company which provides complete voice over IP services that allows the customers to make calls in PSTN and in IP. The services offered by VoipGATE support SIP protocol and IAX. The company service also enables trunking. VoipGATE S.A happens to be a wing of the Datacenter Group. The company has an international presence with offices in several nations. The headquarters of VoipGATE is in Luxembourg where it is registered as Luxembourg Regulation Institute (ILR).
Voice over Internet Protocol abbreviated as VoIP is basically a protocol that has undergone optimization for voice transmission via the internet or through different packet switched networks. The most important task performed by Voip is to transmit the voice over the IP networks such as the broadband or DSL connections. This standard enables cheaper communications. Voip is also synonymous with internet telephony, IP telephony, broadband phone, Voice over broadband and broadband telephony. VoipGATE offers the VoIP telephone services to any customer who has access to broadband internet via cable, DSL or any equivalent.
- VoIP services save the telecommunication expense by up to 90 percent.
- These services come with much more flexibility.
- Call rates are cheaper than regular phone calls, especially in the case of ISD calls.
- No requirement of telephone infrastructure and lines as all phones get connected via the internet using local network like computers.
- Eliminates expensive infrastructure upgradation.
- Incoming faxes are globally delivered as email attachments, saving the use of paper.
- Customers can call the subscriber at local rates.
- Branch offices of a company communicate internationally free while using the same VoIP operator i.e. voipGATE.
- VoipGATE calls are protected using strong encryption mechanisms.
For activating VoipGATE services, users need to have the following -
- A SIP GATEWAY for PABX
- A SIP enable device
- A SIP enabled mobile phone
The fee plan as proposed by VoipGATE is free for the basic service which rules out the payment of monthly fees and only the call charges are billed as applicable. For the calls, no connection fee is charged and users pay the call charges for every minute. Voicemail services, call forwarding and SMS and several such services offered by VoipGATE to the customers are provided free of charge. Moreover, the users can retain their current phone number even while subscribing to the services of VoipGATE.
The following services are offered by VoipGATE at present –
- VoIP Residential
- Get your .tel package
- Phone Numbers
- Web CallBack
- Call Rates
- Call Back
The flexibility and the range of optional services also include customized features and services for the customers. Such services include –
voipGATE softphone – This application based on HTML Web2.0 technologies enables the user to make and receive phone calls via computer. It can be used as per the needs of the user.
voipGATE's webphone – This is a free voice over IP (VoIP) service offered free of charge which doesn’t require the user to install the application as it directly operates on Java applet and compatible with Windows XP and Vista, Ubuntu (Linux) and Mac (Intel) and multiple browsers. Moreover, it allows the user to implement an application and make use of the voice over IP.
Value Added Services
VoIP Business – For customized services to businesses, the company provides voipGATE SIP Trunk service. SIP Trunk is a logic connection joining Voice over IP Service Provider with and IP PBX allowing the exchange of voice over IP traffic. The service encapsulates -
- Virtual PBX Management
- SIP Trunking
- DID's (in USA and select European nations)