Difference between revisions of "WT"
|Line 66:||Line 66:|
Revision as of 07:01, 10 September 2011
WT is an acronym for Work Team. The Generic Name Supporting Organization's (GNSO) Operations Steering Committee (OSC) created three work teams responsible for performing separate tasks. The OSC serves as the coordinating body for these teams, which include the GNSO Operations Work Team, GNSO Stakeholder Group and Constituency Operations Work Team, and Communications and Coordination Work Team.
GNSO Operations Work Team
The main task of the GNSO Operations Work Team as outlined in the Board of Governance Committee Working Group Report (BGC WG Report) on GNSO Improvement dated February 3, 2008 is to develop proposals for Council consideration based on the ICANN Board's endorsements of GNSO operations. It is also expected to perform the following tasks:
- Determine the necessity of the Council's role as a "strategic manager of the policy process."
- Define and develop scope and responsibilities of any other standing "committees" as recommended by the BGC WG
- Create "Statement of Interest" and "Declaration of Interest" forms.
- Develop curriculum for training council members, constituents, facilitators and others.
- Analyze and recommend appropriate amendments or revisions regarding methods for encouraging, promoting and introducing new constituencies, while recognizing that differences exist between stakeholder groups and constituencies.
Work Team Members
- Ron Andruff - Business Constituency
- Eric Brunner-Williams - Registrar Constituency
- Avri Doria - Vice Chair - Non-Commercial Users Stakeholder Group
- Ray Fassett - Chair - gTLD Registry Constituency
- Robin Gross - Non-Commercial Users Constituency
- Tony Holmes - ISP and Connectivity Providers Constituency
- Wolf-Ulrich Knoben - ISP and Connectivity Providers Constituency
- Ken Stubbs - gTLD Registry Constituency
GNSO Stakeholder Group and Constituency Operations Work Team
As outlined by the GNSO Operations Work Team as outlined in the Board of Governance Committee Working Group Report (BGC WG Report) on GNSO Improvement on February 3, 2008, the GNSO Stakeholder Group and Constituency Operations Work Team is tasked with improving inclusiveness, effectiveness and efficiency of the GNSO constituency and stakeholder group operations and their interactions with other GNSO structures. These tasks include:
- Enhance existing constituencies by developing recommendations on constituency participation rules, operating principles, and member databases. This include the development of recommendations:
- for participation rules and operating procedures to be followed by all constituencies
- for clear operating principles for every constituency to maintain their functions in a democratic, representative open and transparent way
- to create and maintain an accessible and updated database of all constituency members and non-members any constituency
- to create a "toolkit" to be used as staff support and/or services for all constituencies
- Develop a global outreach program to widen the participation in current constituencies by reaching out to all the members of the ICANN community, especially non-English speakers.
Work Team Members
- Olga Cavalli - Nominating Committee Appointee
- Rafik Dammak - Non-Commercial Users Constituency
- Claudio DiGangi - Intellectual Property Interests Constituency
- Chuck Gomes - gTLD Registries Constituency
- Tony Harris - ISP and Connectivity Providers Constituency
- Zahid Jamil - Commercial and Business Users Constituency
- S.S. Kshatriya - Individual (India)
- Victoria McEvedy - Intellectual Property Interests Constituency
- Hector Ariel Manoff - Intellectual Property Interests Constituency
- Krista Papac - Registrar Constituency
- Dr. Shahram Soboutipour - Individual (Iran)
- Michael Young - gTLD Registries Constituency
Communications and Coordination Work Team
As per the BGC Working Group Report on the Improvement of GNSO on February 3, 2008, the Communications and Coordination Work Team was tasked to provide recommendations to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of communications and coordination between GNSO and the ICANN Board, other Supporting Organizations and Advisory Committees by developing new GNSO website requirements and improving the ability of GNSO to encourage meaningful feedback.
Work Team Members
- Sedar Acir - Registrar contact for Turkish Registry
- Fouad Bajwa - Non-Commercial Users Constituency
- Chris Chaplow - Commercial and Business Users Constituency
- Mason Cole - Registrar Constituency
- Steve Holsten - gTLD Registries Constituency
- Helen Laverty - DotAlliance
- Zbynek Loebl - Intellectual Property Interests Constituency
- Catherine Sigmar - gTLD Registries Constituency
- Antonio Tavares - ISP and Connectivity Providers Constituency
- Jaime Wagner - ISP and Connectivity Providers Constituency