WT is an acronym for Work Teams. The Generic Name Supporting Organization (GNSO) Operations Steering Committee (OSC) created three work teams that will be responsible in performing separate tasks. The OSC serves as the coordinating body these teams which include the GNSO Operations Work Team, GNSO Stakeholder Group and Constituency Operations Work Team and Communications and Coordination Work Team.
Responsibilities of GNSO Operations Work Team
The main task of the GNSO Work Team as outlined in the Board oF Governance Committee Working Group Report (BGC WG Report) on GNSO Improvement dated February 3, 2008 is to develop proposals for Council consideration based on the ICANN Board's endorsements of GNSO operations. also expected to perform the following tasks:
- Determine the necessary to establish the role of the Council as a "strategic manager of the policy process."
- Define and develop scope and responsibilities of any other standing "committees" as recommended by the BGC WG
- Create "Statement of Interest" and "Declaration of Interest" forms.
- Develop curriculum for training Council members, constituents, facilitators and others.
- Prepare clear rules for the establishment of new constituencies within stakeholder groups, while recognizing that differences exist between stakeholder groups and constituencies.
- Analyze and recommend appropriate amendments or revisions regarding methods for encouraging, promoting and introducing new constituencies, while recognizing that differences exist between stakeholder groups and constituencies.
==Work Team Members
- Ron Andruff - Business Constituency
- Eric Brunner-Williams - Registrar Constituency]
- Avri Doria - Vice Chair - Non-Commercial Users Stakeholder Group
- Ray Fassett - Chair - gTLD Registries Constituency
- Robin Gross - Non-Commercial Users Constituency
- Tony Holmes - Internet Service and Connectivity Providers Constituency
- Wolf-Ulrich Knoben - Internet Service and Connectivity Providers Constituency
- Ken Stubbs - gTLD Registries Constituency