Houda Belkassem is a Project Manager, she has a past work experience in IT companies, where she planned and coordinated a number of projects. She worked as an Adjunct Professor at Ecole Supérieure de Technologie (Moulay Ismail University), in parallel, she was an Internet Policy Analyst (IPA) into Internet Governance Program— MENA Region (IGMENA) under Hivos Foundation, her mission is about publishing write-ups policy analysis on igmena.org, which covers key Internet policy issues and how to address them in a multistakeholder environment.
She intervened in various National Radio Sessions on the topic related to Internet Governance in Morocco. Houda Belkassem has attended several international training, ICT conferences and capacity-building program dedicated to Internet policies, Advocacy strategies, laws and human rights, freedom of expression and protection of privacy among them:
Alumna of the Middle East and Adjoining Countries School on Internet Governance (MEAC-SIG) organized by ICANN and hosted by ISOC Tunisia, Tunisia, May 2015.
IGMENA Fellow: Workshop in Istanbul-Turkey about “Advocacy strategies and political arguments ways” facilitated by international center for policy and advocacy (ICPA) and Hivos, August 2015.
Online capacity building program on Internet Governance Middle East special edition organized by Hivos Program IGMENA in collaboration with DiploFoundation, September to November 2015.
IGMENA Guest Speaker: Introducing the Internet Policy Analyst Project (case of Morocco) with IGMENA Program on the National Radio, October 2015.
Guest Speaker at the Fourth Edition of the Arab Internet Governance Forum AIGF4, Beirut-Lebanon, under the umbrella of the ESCWA-UN: I had the chance to contribute as a speaker about "building digital trust for sustainable development" Moroccan case, December 2015.
IGMENA Guest Speaker: Second intervention on National Radio about “social media and its impact on society” case of Morocco, January 2016.
IGMENA Hangout: I have participated as a speaker in IGMENA Hangout about “VoIP vs. Mobile Networks: Disruptive Threat or Innovative Opportunity?”, February 2016.
First ICANN55 Participation Marrakech Morocco, March 2016.
IGMENA Summit - Tunisia: Contribution as a speaker about "Data protection and privacy in regional level" (case of Morocco and Algeria), September 2016.
ICANN57 Fellow, Hyderabad – India, November 2016.
Internet Policy Analyst Articles
- Data protection and Privacy in Morocco: http://igmena.org/Data-Protection-and-Privacy-in-Morocco
- Censorship and Surveillance in Morocco: http://igmena.org/censorship-and-surveillance-in-morocco
- 'New' Human rights : Archive between the hammer of the principal of documentation and the anvil of the right to be forgotten: http://igmena.org/index.php?p=489
- Building digital trust for sustainable Development : http://igmena.org/index.php?p=535
- Information-Security (Arab IGF) : http://igmena.org/2015-Arab-IGF-Report-Workshop-on-Information-Security-Culture-Knowledge-and-Application
- Digital laws in Morocco : http://igmena.org/index.php?p=582
- ICANN55 experience: https://www.igmena.org/index.php?p=617