|Priority #:||987 - |
1127 - Afilias
|Parked Domain %:||68.63 %|
|Delegation:||24 July 2015|
|General Availability:||03 March 2016|
.bet is a new gTLD delegated in ICANN's New gTLD Program. Afilias manages the TLD and is its Registry. The proposed application succeeded and was delegated to the Root Zone on 24 July, 2015. Afilias' application states that the registry seeks to strengthen consumer trust when encountering betting sites. Their application justifies this need by highlighting the subgenres of speculation and betting, namely "decision science", "forecastiing", presidental/political polling and more. This new blend of betting subgenres, increases complexity and may cause dilution of the betting concept, thus the registry believes its stewardship of the TLD will make for a stronger string. 
- Famous Four Media (dot Bet Limited) - a registry service provider based in Gibraltar that applied for 61 new gTLDs including .bet. Geir Andreas Rasmussen is the contact person in the application. This applicant submitted a Public Interest Commitment, which can be downloaded here.
- Donuts (Foggy Way, LLC)- the company filed 307 new gTLDs. Each TLD was applied for via a different LLC. This applicant submitted a Public Interest Commitment, which can be downloaded here.
- LADBROKES INTERNATIONAL PLC- is a company based in Gibraltar, Joanne Elizabeth Johnson is the contact person in the application.
- Delegated String, ICANN.org Retrieved 27 Jul 2015
- Reveal Day 13 June 2012 – New gTLD Applied-For Strings
- Famous Four Media Applies for 61 gTLDs
- Donuts raises $100 million, applies for 307 new TLDs