|Date Implemented:||25 December 2014|
1402 - Donuts (Lone Tigers, LLC)
1477 - Amazon
|Parked Domain %:||55.49 %|
|Delegation:||25 December 2014|
|General Availability:||06 May 2015|
.video is a TLD delegated in ICANN's New gTLD Program. After a private auction in September 2014, Donuts became the sole applicant. The company manages the TLD and is its Registry. The proposed application succeeded and was delegated to the Root Zone on 25 December, 2014.
- Donuts (Lone Tigers, LLC) - .video is one of 307 applications by Donuts. This applicant submitted a Public Interest Commitment, which can be downloaded here.
- Top Level Domain Holdings - It is one of 68 applications that Top Level Domain Holdings Ltd. has filed for on its own behalf. This applicant submitted a Public Interest Commitment, which can be downloaded here.
- Uniregsitry, Corp - Domainer Frank Schilling's company applied for 54 TLDs.
- Amazon - applied for 76 new TLDs.
Amazon's application was issued a GAC Early Warning from the representative of Australia and GAC Chair, Heather Dryden. The warning system is noted as a strong recommendation on behalf of national governments to the ICANN Board that a given TLD application should be denied as it stands. Applicants are encouraged to work with objecting GAC members.
The warning states that the applicant is "seeking exclusive access to a common generic string .. that relates to a broad market sector," which Ms. Dryden notes could have unintended consequences and a negative impact on competition.
TLDH & $15mm Auction Funding
On February 26 2013, Top Level Domain Holdings Ltd. announced that it had entered into a funding agreement worth $15 million to be used in the case of auction for a specific unnamed TLD. The investor will not receive ownership of the TLD but a share of future revenues. TLDH did not name the TLD that the funds are directed for, and it is in 11 head to head contentions and 12 featuring more than one contender.
Priority Pre-Registration - Early Access
From April 29, 2015 to May 6, 2015 .video can be secured at a premium price, and on a first-come, first-served basis. 
Pre-Registration - General Availability
On May 6, 2015, .video will reach general availability on a first-come, first-served basis. Bulk registration will be available during this period.
- Delegated String, ICANN.org Retrieved 06 Apr 2015
- gTLD Application Update 92 applications submitted, TLDH.org
- Here Are the 54 New gTLDs that Frank Schillings Uniregsitry Applied for
- New TLDs who Applied for What, TGDaily.com
- GAC Early Warning, NewgTLDS.ICANN.org Retrieved 25 Nov 2012
- Video AU, GACweb.ICANN.org
- TLDh Gets 15 Million for A Single Top Level Domain Name Auction, DomainNameWire.com Published and Retrieved 26 Feb 2013
- Donuts Snatches Four New gTLDs at Auction beating Amazon to .video DomainIncite; by Kevin Murphy; Retrieved 23 Sept 2014
- About .VIDEO Domain Names, GoDaddy.com Retrieved 29 Apr 2015