|Email:||quaynor [at] ghana.com|
Dr. Nii Narku Quaynor is a former ICANN Board Director, a Member of the Internet Governance Forum Advisory Group at the United Nations, and Chairman of the Board of Directors at National Information Technology Agency. Quaynor is also a Member of the Internet Society of Ghana, Convener of the African Network Operators Group, was the Founding Chairman of AfriNIC, and was previously an Executive Chairman at AfTLD. He had also served as the Chairman of Network Computer Systems.
Dr. Quaynor has played a significant role in the development of the Internet and telecommunications industry in Africa. He has the credit of establishing the Computer Science Department at the University of Cape-Coast in Ghana.
In 1993, Dr. Quaynor returned to Ghana after studying and pioneered the first Internet service operated by NCS in West Africa.
During his stay in the U.S, he worked with the Digital Equipment Corporation in the United States, from 1977 to 1992.
Dr. Quaynor taught at the International Centre for Theoretical Physics in Italy and China.
- Member of the AU DotAfrica Task Force
- Member of the United Nations Secretary General Advisory Group on ICT
- Former Chair of the OAU Internet Task Force
- Former Member of the Worldbank Infodev TAP
- President of the Internet Society of Ghana
- Former Member of the Council of the University of Ghana
- Former Board Member at ICANN
He holds a B.A in Engineering Science from Dartmouth College, Bachelors of Engineering from Thayer School of Engineering and M.S and Ph.D in Computer Science from the State University of New York At StonyBrook.