Difference between revisions of "Jean Armour Polly"
|Line 30:||Line 30:|
Revision as of 13:35, 11 January 2011
|Email:||mom [at] netmom.com|
Jean Armour Polly works as the Assistant Director and Administrator of Systems and Technology at the Liverpool Public Library. She is renowned as the Net-mom.
Jean is also the website review editor at CommonSenseMedia.org. She has been a board member at Internet Society (ISOC).. Jean has the distinction of publishing the first book on the web in 2000. She coined the term surfing for browsing internet sites. . Jean Armour Polly is the author of The Internet Kids Yellow Pages. She has interests in promoting internet.
- Before joining Liverpool Public Lirary, she was the Director of Public Services and Internet Ambassador at NYSERNet, Inc.
- Prior to that, Jean was a public librarian for sixteen years.
- She co-owns and co-moderates PUBLIB, the Internet discussion list for public librarians.
- She is also a member of the American Library Association.
- She was elected to the Internet Society Board of Trustees, she is one of the two first women to have been elected.
- She is the owner of Netmom.com, a website where she reviews websites for kids and families, thus the name Net-mom. She has also publish the The Internet Kids Yellow Pages, and The Internet Kids & Family Yellow Pages.
- She was a part of the project GAIN, which helped in connecting the rural public libraries to the Internet.