|Organization:||The DotAsia Organisation|
Jenna Manhau Fung is a digital policy advisor, content writer, digital literacy Program Director and Community Relations Manager at DotAsia Organisation, and IGF Youth NRIs coordinator. Jenna has been invited to join the youth organising team of the Youth Track for the United Nations Internet Governance Forum (IGF) since 2022. She has joined The Global Internet Governance Academic Network (GigaNet) as an observer in 2023. She is also the author of a newsletter about digital issues and public policy called “Jen Z issues”.
She has been leading a digital literacy program, NetMission Academy, for youth in Asia Pacific, and the Youth Internet Governance Forums in Asia Pacific and Hong Kong since 2018. She was an elected Youth Coalition on Internet Governance (YCIG) steering committee member for the Asia Pacific group for 2022. She has also been an active member in the United Nations IGF as a workshop organiser, moderator, and speakers since 2019.
She is representing NetMission.Asia as one of the ALS Representatives at the Asia Pacific Regional At-Large Organisation (APRALO) at ICANN. She has also been engaged in the secretarial team of the Asia Pacific Regional Internet Governance Forum (APrIGF) and part of the organising committee of the Asia Pacific Internet Governance Academy (APIGA) since 2019.
She is passionate about data privacy and protection, surveillance, social innovation and digital sustainability. She has interned in different fields including business management, company secretarial services, and marketing and public relations in Beijing, Hong Kong and Seville.
ICANN76 Playing Card Illustration
Engagement in the United Nations Internet Governance Forum
IGF 2019 Berlin
- Moderator & Organizer, WS #315 Youth in IG for Internet ethics & digital inclusion (Transcript & Recording)
- Panelist, Sustainability Corner — Future skills & digital education
IGF 2020 Virtual
- Moderator & Organizer, WS #212 Learn from Home During COVID-19 (Transcript & Recording)
- Panelist, IGF 2020 Global Youth Summit — Rethinking Formal Education (Transcript) (Recording)
IGF 2021 Katowice
- Moderator & Organizer, WS #110 The Paradox of Virus Contact Tracing Apps (Transcript & Recording)
- Co-oganizer, WS#214 Achieving Sustainable Local Tourism and Nature Conservation (Transcript & Recording)
- Guest Speaker, Road to IGF 2021 Webinar: Ethics in Technology and the Internet (Recording)
IGF 2022 Addis Ababa
- IGF 2022 Youth Track Organizing Team Member
- Online Moderator & Organizer, WS#341 Global youth engagement in IG: successes and opportunities (Transcript)
- Panelist, IGF 2022 Global Youth Summit (Transcript) (Recording)
- Panelist & Organizer, YCIG DC Session: Road to future IGFs (Transcript & Recording)
- Panelist, DC Main Session: Our Digital Future: How Dynamic Coalitions Support the Global Digital Compact (Transcript) (Recording EN/ ES/ FR/ ZH/ RU/ AR)
- Panelist, NRIs Collaborative Session — NRIs Multistakeholder and multidisciplinary modus operandi of Internet governance: 20 years after the original WSIS where are we? (Transcript)
IGF 2023 Kyoto
- Stand up for youth from the Asia Pacific at IGF, NetMission.Asia (November 22, 2018)
- From Youth to Youth “Expert”: Another Year in IGF, NetMission.Asia (December 30, 2019)
- Encryption Matters, ISOC Hong Kong (June 5, 2020)
- How I See it – Advice to youth: Our future and the pandemic, DotAsia Organisation (October 9, 2020)
- Beyond ASCII: The Vital Role of Email Address Internationalization in a Connected World, DotAsia Organisation (March 27, 2023)
- Subtle observations on approaching an open discussion with Asians, Jen Z issues (September 12, 2022)
- Multistakeholder model in action: Lessons & Advice for Gen XYZ in leadership for digital policymaking, Jen Z issues (September 25, 2022)
- Subtly Biased Definition of Asian, Jen Z issues (October 22, 2022)
- Disconnected Underground 🚇, Jen Z issues (December 20, 2022)
- Tragicomedy in Regulating Cyberspace 🎭, Jen Z issues (March 3, 2023)
- New Powers for Online Safety: An Overview of the Australian Regulatory Modernisation, Asia Pacific Policy Observatory Policy Review Report (April 2023)
Interviews and Other Projects
- Panelist, APrIGF 2018 workshop – Empowering Change with Data: Measuring Youth Digital Mobility
- Featured in the Youth Atlas 2019 by Youth Observatory
- Guest Speaker, The 9th Inauguration cum Professional Mentorship Ceremony, A-Team Student Development Program, Hong Kong Metropolitan University Lee Shau Kee School of Business and Administration (November 17, 2021)
- Interviewee, An Agent of Change: Youth meta-participation at the Internet Governance Forum (Interviewed by Nadia Tjahja)
- Mentor, Taiwan Youth Internet forum 2022 (YiForum@tw) organized by Taiwan School on Internet Governance (TWSIG) 2022
- Speaker, Bangladesh IGF 2022 Opening
In her personal life, she enjoys dancing, reading and travelling.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Fung's LinkedIn Profile Accessed Jan 10, 2023 and updated on Mar 29, 2023
- ↑ Jenna Manhau Fung's profile on Substack.
- ↑ An Interview on Youth Atlas 2019 by Internet Society.
- ↑ Youth Coalition on Internet Governance Steering Committee 2022
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Jenna Manhau Fung's profile on DotAsia Organisation's website.
- ↑ The Asia Pacific Policy Review Report (April 2023) – Rights, Privacy, and Freedom in the Digital Age: An Overview of Online Safety Regulations in Australia, Nepal, and Myanmar published on NetMission's website. Accessed Apr 6, 2023.