|Email:||lsadmin [at] lca.org.ls|
The .ls domain was delegated to the National University of Lesotho in 1993. Initially, technical registry operations were handled by the University of Rhodes in South Africa. Registration was limited to the third level under specific second-level domains. In 2012, legislation passed which gave the Lesotho Communications Authority (LCA) the responsibility of managing, or designating an entity to manage, the .ls domain. The LCA was the registry operator for four years, until LsNIC was formed in January of 2016. Technical operations were shifted to LsNIC in 2017, and in 2018 management of the domain was transferred to LsNIC.
The .ls domain is an Open Use ccTLD. Registration is available without restriction at the top level and under the second level domains .co.ls, .org.ls, .net.ls, .net.ls, .info.ls, and .biz.ls. The second level domains .gov.ls and .ac.ls are restricted to government and higher education institutions, respectively. 
- IANA Root Database - .ls
- ccNSO - .LS Joins as Newest Member of the ccNSO, July 31, 2018
- ccNSO Applications Archive - .ls
- ccNSO Member Profile - .ls
- IANA Transfer Report - .ls, June 5, 2018
- LsNIC - Domain Registration Policy (PDF)
- It is unclear from LsNIC's posted policy whether .edu.ls is similarly restricted, but it seems likely.