SWITCH manages the .ch ccTLD for Switzerland, as well as the .li ccTLD for Liechtenstein. It is an independent organization that operates under the mandate of Switzerland's Federal Office of Communications. It entered into an agreement with the Principality of Liechtenstein's Office for Communications in 2012 to manage registry operations for .li.
As of January 2015, under the Ordinance on Internet Domains, which aimed to ensure that private individuals, businesses, and public bodies in Switzerland are offered a sufficient, reasonably priced, high-quality range of internet domain names that fulfills their requirements, the SWITCH Foundation ceased selling .ch domain names directly and handed over its client base to its registrars. Its focus shifted from operating the .ch domain name directory to maintaining a secure and stable Swiss Internet.
- Tom Kleiber is the Managing Director & Head of the "Infrastructure & Identity Services" Division
- Tania Stephan is the Head of the "Community Management" Division
- Marco Dütsch is the Head of the "Community Solutions" Division
- Urs Eppenberger is the Head of "Registry & Collaboration" Division
- Martin Leuthold is the Head of the "Data, Security & Network" Division