|Date Implemented:||02 May 2015|
|Parked Domain %:||62.16 %|
|Delegation:||02 May 2015|
|General Availability:||20 January 2016|
.auto is a generic top level domain name (gTLD) delegated to the New gTLD Program of ICANN.Uniregistry became the sole applicant for the string after a private auction in September 2014. The company now manages the TLD and is its Registry. The proposed application succeeded and was delegated to the Root Zone on 02 May, 2015.
- Dot Auto LLC, Tess Pattisson Wade is listed as contact person for the company
- Fegistry, LLC, Jay Westerdal, founder of Name Intelligence, is the contact person.
- Donuts (Big Maple, LLC), represented by Daniel Schindler, EVP of Donuts, which applied for 307 new gTLDs. This applicant submitted a Public Interest Commitment, which can be downloaded here.
- Delegated String, ICANN.org Retrieved 05 May 2015
- Here comes the greatest Internet landgrab in history
- Donuts raises $100 million, applies for 307 new TLDs
- Seven More New gTLD Auctions Conclude DomainIncite by Kevin Murphy; Retrieved 24 Sept 2014