|Parked Domain %:||N/A|
|Delegation:||05 December 2015|
.buy is a gTLD delegated to the Root Zone in ICANN's New gTLD Program on 5 December 2015. Amazon manages the string and its registry. After an ICANN auction in September 2014, Amazon became the only applicant for the TLD.
- Amazon, this is one of the 76 new gTLDs applied for by the company through its office in Luxembourg.  Valideus, a firm specializing in domain name and IP technology solutions and registry services for corporate brands helped Amazon in its application for gTLDs.
- Google (Charleston Road Registry Inc.)-applied for 101 TLDs. Sarah Falvey, Senior Policy Analyst of Google is the main contact person in the application.
- Famous Four Media (dot Buy Limited)- This is one of 61 domain name strings filed by the company
- Donuts (Bitter Sunset, LLC), This is one of the 307 new gTLDs applied for by the company. Each one of its applications was submitted via a different LLC. Daniel Schindler, the company's EVP for Sales & Marketing is the main contact person. This applicant submitted a Public Interest Commitment, which can be downloaded here.
- PVT Registry, LLC- Joshua Bourne, Managing partner of the domain name consultancy firm Fair Winds Partners was the contact person in the application. It was formerly WITHDRAWN.
In one of the first few public ICANN auctions to occur for the New gTLD Program that officially launched in 2012, Amazon won the rights to the string over the other applicants, who withdrew their applications as a result.
The auction occurred 17 September 2014, along with two other ICANN auctions for .tech and .vip. The winning price was $4,588,888 US Dollars. Unlike Private auctions, the winning price will not be split among the losing applicants, but will be held by ICANN and used towards a non-profit charity that is yet to be clarified.