|Priority #:||820 - Afterdot LLC|
The application was withdrawn in July 2013, after it had passed Initial Evaluation.
The following is excerpted from the applicant's response to question #18:
"Model The proposed gTLD is a closed registry restricted to usage by Chesapeake Energy Corporation, owned and operated through its wholly owned subsidiary company, Afterdot Registry (the applicant). The proposed new TLD will operate as:
- an internal communication tool
- authenticated marketing presence
- client service delivery system
- centralized brand and identity system
Mission The key mission of the proposed gTLD is to optimize customer service, corporate and consumer information and security through:
- A consistently structured and authenticated system of Internet and Intranet communication, ensuring that Chesapeakeʹs diverse operations, programmes and projects are coherently integrated into an orderly network
- An authenticated brand that enhances consumer confidence in communication from and to .chk. The applicant will have complete control of all addresses and communication circulated under the .chk label. Receipt of Internet communication from .chk will be a guarantee of authenticity.
- Closely monitored, calibrated and focused customer service that optimises the management of customer communication, customer relationships and product development
- Enhanced functionality and security that can respond to evolving customer and market needs"
- Reveal Day 13 June 2012 – New gTLD Applied-For Strings
- Four New gTLD Applications WIthdrawn Including One Closed Generic Four New gTLD Applications, DomainIncite.comPublished & Retrieved 2 July 2013
- Application Download, gTLDresult.ICANN.org Retrieved 20 Feb 2013