|Priority #:||166 - Amazon|
|Parked Domain %:||100.0 %|
|Delegation:||19 February 2016|
There were several applicants, but after a private deal in June 2014, Amazon became the only applicant for the string.
- Top Level Domain Holdings Ltd. (TLDH) - it is one of 68 applications that the company has filed on its own behalf. This applicant submitted a Public Interest Commitment, which can be downloaded here.
In June 2014 TLDH withdrew their application for .coupon, leaving Amazon as the only applicant. A private deal or auction was assumed to have been made, staving off an ICANN auction that was weeks away from occurring for .coupons in July 2014.
TLDH & $15mm Auction Funding
On February 26 2013, Top Level Domain Holdings Ltd. announced that it had entered into a funding agreement worth $15 million to be used in the case of auction for a specific unnamed TLD. The investor will not receive ownership of the TLD but a share of future revenues. TLDH did not name the TLD that the funds are directed for, and it is in 11 head to head contentions and 12 featuring more than one contender.
- Delegated Strings
- Amazon could own .book as domains up for grabs
- gTLD Application Update 92 applications submitted, TLDH.org
- Amazon Snubs ICANN Auction to Win .coupon (13 June 2014) Kevin Murphy, DomainIncite; Retrieved 13 June 2014
- TLDh Gets 15 Million for A Single Top Level Domain Name Auction, DomainNameWire.com Published and Retrieved 26 Feb 2013