|Parked Domain %:||59.9 %|
|Delegation:||10 July 2014|
|General Availability:||01 October 2014|
- Donuts (Sand Sunset, LLC), The .deals domain name string is one of the 307 new gTLDs applied for by Donuts. This applicant submitted a Public Interest Commitment, which can be downloaded here.
- Radix (DotDeals Inc.), .deals is one of 31 applications submitted by the company. It is using ARI Registry Services for backend requirements.
- Top Level Domain Holdings Ltd. (TLDH), .deals is one of 68 applications that the company has submitted on its own behalf. This applicant submitted a Public Interest Commitment, which can be downloaded here.
Private Auction Resolves Contention
Radix received a GAC Early Warning as an entire applicant, where each one of the applicants was flagged by the U.S. Government. This seems to be the only time a portfolio applicant had all of their applications warned. The issue does not deal with the technical capabilities or thematic content of their applications, but rather the inclusion of an email address associated with the US' Federal Bureau of Investigation. It seems that Radix included correspondence with this address as a recommendation with each of their applications.
TLDH & $15mm Auction Funding
On February 26 2013, Top Level Domain Holdings Ltd. announced that it had entered into a funding agreement worth $15 million to be used in the case of auction for a specific unnamed TLD. The investor will not receive ownership of the TLD but a share of future revenues. TLDH did not name the TLD that the funds are directed for, and it is in 11 head to head contentions and 12 featuring more than one contender.
- Donuts Inc eye popping list of 307 new top-level domains
- TLDs, RadixRegistry.com
- gTLD Application update 92 Applications Submitted, TLDH.org
- Millions spent on New gTLDs as 11 contention sets settled, DomainIncite Retrieved 01 May 2014
- RadixReg. GACweb.ICANN.org Retrieved 27 Nov 2012
- TLDh Gets 15 Million for A Single Top Level Domain Name Auction, DomainNameWire.com Published and Retrieved 26 Feb 2013