|Date Implemented:||29 April 2015|
|Parked Domain %:||56.62 %|
|Delegation:||29 April 2015|
|General Availability:||19 August 2015|
.dog is a available TLD in ICANN's New gTLD Program. Donuts (Koko Mill, LLC) manages the TLD and is its Registry. The proposed application succeeded and was delegated to the Root Zone on 29 April, 2015. The TLD reached General Availability August 19, 2015. 
- Top Level Domain Holdings Ltd.-It is one of 68 applications that the company has filed for on its own behalf. This applicant submitted a Public Interest Commitment, which can be downloaded here.
- Google (Charleston Road Registry Inc.) applied for 101 new gTLDs under this company name.
TLDH & $15mm Auction Funding
On February 26 2013, Top Level Domain Holdings Ltd. announced that it had entered into a funding agreement worth $15 million to be used in the case of auction for a specific unnamed TLD. The investor will not receive ownership of the TLD but a share of future revenues. TLDH did not name the TLD that the funds are directed for, and it is in 11 head to head contentions and 12 featuring more than one contender.
Usages & Practices
Petfinder Foundation, an organization that helps a number of pet shelters find homes for their sheltered pets, is using the .dog extension in an August 2015 campaign at myrescue.dog. The site allows owners to post photos of their rescue dogs to the site (using the hashtag #myrescuedog and #notcom). Each posted photograph generates a $10 donation to the Petfinder Foundation. The most popular dog's shelter will receive $25,000, and the next 15 shelters will receive $5,000. 
- Delegated String, ICANN.org Retrieved 29 Apr 2015
- http://domainnamewire.com/2015/08/18/this-weeks-new-tlds-a-big-week-for-donuts-radix/ Retrieved 19 August 2015
- gTLD Application Update 92 applications submitted, TLDH.org
- Google applied for 101 New Domains
- Another 11 New gTLDs Won at Auction DomainIncite; By Kevin Murphy; Retrieved 13 Nov 2014
- TLDh Gets 15 Million for A Single Top Level Domain Name Auction, DomainNameWire.com Published and Retrieved 26 Feb 2013
- https://www.thedomains.com/2015/08/24/a-new-platform-benefiting-homeless-dogs-myrescue-dog-launched-by-petfinder-donuts/ Retrieved 24 August 2015