|Date Implemented:||05 April 2015|
|Parked Domain %:||53.65 %|
|Delegation:||05 April 2015|
|General Availability:||15 July 2015|
.express is a TLD delegated in ICANN's new gTLD expansion program. Donuts (Sea Sunset, LLC) manages the TLD and is its Registry. The proposed application succeeded and was delegated to the Root Zone on 05 April, 2015.
- Donuts (Sea Sunset, LLC)- The company filed for 307 new gTLDs. Donuts created a company for each TLD application, including Sea Sunset LLC to submit its .express application. It invested $56 million for applications fees alone. The company partnered with Demand Media to serve as its back-end registry service provider. This applicant submitted a Public Interest Commitment, which can be downloaded here.
- Express LLC- Failed its technical evaluation in the initial evaluation. Requested and passed extended evaluation.
A Legal Rights Objection, as defined by the ICANN approved mediator, WIPO, is when, "third parties may file a formal objection to an application on several grounds, including, for trademark owners and Intergovernmental Organizations (IGOs) [..] When such an objection is filed, an independent panel (comprised of one or three experts) will determine whether the applicant’s potential use of the applied-for gTLD would be likely to infringe [..] the objector’s existing trademark, or IGO name or acronym."
- Delegated String, ICANN.org Retrieved 06 Apr 2015
- Donuts Inc eye popping list of 307 new top-level domains
- Failures Mount Up as ICANN Releases Penultimate week of IE results, DomainIncite.comRetrieved Aug 26 2013
- Application Status, ICANN.org Retrieved 06 Nov 2013
- LRO Cases, WIPO.int
- LRO, WIPO.int Retrieved 25 March 2013