|Registry:||Intercap Registry Inc.|
|Priority #:||421 - Uniregistry, Corp.|
531 - Dot Registry LLC
882 - Afilias
964 - GMO Registry
1122 - GTLD Limited
1136 -Top Level Domain Holdings
1481 - STRAAT Investments (NU DOT CO LLC)
1721 - Donuts (Baxter Sunset, LLC)
1818 - Google (Charleston Road Registry Inc.)
- Dot Registry LLC, (Community Applicant) a new registry operator founded by Ephraim Gershon is an applicant for the string and plans to restrict the registration of domain names under .inc string to legally registered corporations in the United States. Neustar has been selected by the company to provide its back-end registry solutions.  Shaul Jolles is the CEO of Dot Registry LLC.
- Top Level Domain Holdings, Ltd. (TLDH), the parent company of Minds + Machines engaged in TLD acquisitions, consultancy and registry services also applied for the .inc domain name string. TLDH submitted the application to ICANN on its own behalf. Antony Van Couvering is the CEO of the company. This applicant submitted a Public Interest Commitment, which can be downloaded here.
- STRAAT Investments (NU DOT CO LLC), a holding company founded and chaired by Juan Diego Calle and the parent company of .co Internet is applying for 13 new gTLDs including .inc. The company selected Neustar to provide back-end registry solutions. 
- Uniregistry, Corp., a company owned by domainer Frank Schilling.
- Google (Charleston Road Registry Inc.)
- GMO Registry
- GTLD Limited
- Donuts, one of 307 applications submitted by the company (Baxter Sunset, LLC). This applicant submitted a Public Interest Commitment, which can be downloaded here.
- CNI Registry, LLC - This application was WITHDRAWN. It was the first applicant to leave the contention set.
- C.V. TLDcare - WITHDRAWN; the second applicant to leave the contention set, May 2013.
TLDH & $15mm Auction Funding
On February 26 2013, Top Level Domain Holdings Ltd. announced that it had entered into a funding agreement worth $15 million to be used in the case of auction for a specific unnamed TLD. The investor will not receive ownership of the TLD but a share of future revenues. TLDH did not name the TLD that the funds are directed for, and it is in 11 head to head contentions and 12 featuring more than one contender.
In June 2014 a Community Priority Evaluation (CPE) panel decided that the only Community applicant for .inc, Dot Registry LLC, would not prevail as a community applicant, giving them a 5 out of 16 possible points (14 are needed to pass). Thus the applicant will now have to resolve the contention set through other means such as a Private or ICANN auction.
Possible String Objection
The National Association of Secretaries of State (NASS) president Beth Chapman sent a letter to ICANN expressing the concerns of the organization regarding entities applying for the .inc TLD including other corporate-themed domain name strings (.llc, .corp and .llp). The organization informed ICANN that they will object to any application if the TLD is not restricted to "entities that are also legally and appropriately registered with the Secretaries of State, or the equivalent state agency as well as the registry operator." 
- Dot Registry applying for four US-only gTLDs
- Top Level Domain Holdings Becomes Largest New gTLD Applicant To Date Applying For 68 Strings
- Parent company of .Co Internet applies for 13 top level domains (here’s the list)
- Afilias Dumps Mail Bid and three Other New gTLD Withdrawals, DomainIncite.com Retrieved 15 May 2013
- TLDh Gets 15 Million for A Single Top Level Domain Name Auction, DomainNameWire.com Published and Retrieved 26 Feb 2013
- CPE Status ICANN.org; Retrieved 13 June 2014
- States will object to .inc, .llc gTLDs