|Registry:||Itau Unibanco Holding S.A.|
|Priority #:||311 - Itau Unibanco Holding S.A.|
|Parked Domain %:||50.0 %|
|Delegation:||22 July 2015|
The following is excerpted from the applicant's response to question #18:
"Itau Unibanco Holding S.A. (“Itau” or “the Applicant”) is currently a publicly-held company which, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, operates all types of banking activities in Brazil and abroad since 1924.
Itau is the largest Latin American bank and the eighth largest bank in the world based on market value criterion (R$ 152.8 billion) (Bloomberg ranking, 31 December 2011)Itau has over 105,000 employees, 40 million clients, and activities in 19 countries and 2 territories throughout the Americas, Asia and Europe. In Brazil alone, Itau has nearly 5,000 branches and 30,000 ATMs. One of every four “reais” (Brazil’s currency) circulates through Itau. Itau and its affiliates offers complete retail banking and operate as a full service bank in Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Paraguay and Uruguay. In 2011, Itau was named the world’s most sustainable bank by the Financial Times and IFC.
The Itau brand is extremely valuable in Brazil and worldwide and the value of the Itau brand has been consistently growing. For the eighth consecutive time, the Itau brand was recognized as the most valuable in Brazil by Interbrand consulting company, a pioneer in the development of the brand valuation method. The Itau brand is valued at R$ 24.3 billion, which is 18% higher than the brand’s value in 2010 and 130% higher than the brand’s value in 2008. Itau is also one of the most valuable brands in the world, with an estimated value of $ 9.6 billion (BrandZ ranking 2011,FT⁄ Millward Brown).
The Applicant intends to implement the following policies and procedures with respect to the registration of domain names in the .itau top-level domain:
1. Reservation and registration of domain names in the name of the Applicant. It is likely that this will be the scenario that the Applicant will put in place during the first months or even years of operation of the .itau gTLD. These names may include, but are not limited to:
- descriptive names, referring to the actual day-to-day business activities of the Applicant or its affiliates;
- descriptive names, referring to internal departments of the Applicant and its affiliates;
- descriptive names, referring to the subsidiaries, affiliates and⁄or joint ventures of the Applicant; and
- potentially also names relating to other stakeholders of the Applicant, to be determined by the Applicant following ICANN’s award and delegation of the .itau gTLD to the Applicant.
2. The Applicant intends that eventually other companies belonging to the Itau group will be able to register and use domain names under the .itau gTLD.
3. The Applicant also intends that eventually companies controlled, directly or indirectly, by Itau or its affiliates, as well as institutions, foundations and other organizations sponsored and⁄or created by Itau or its affiliates will be able to register and use domain names in the .itau gTLD.
4. At a later stage, the Applicant may further expand the scope of eligible registrants of domain names under the .itau gTLD.