|Priority #:||689 - Amazon|
|Parked Domain %:||100.0 %|
|Delegation:||05 December 2015|
The following is excerpted from the applicant's response to question #18:
"The .LIKE registry will benefit registrants and internet users by offering a stable and secure foundation for online communication and interaction.
What is the goal of your proposed gTLD in terms of areas of specialty, service levels or reputation? Amazon intends for its new .LIKE gTLD to provide a unique and dedicated platform for stable and secure online communication and interaction. The .LIKE registry will be run in line with current industry standards of good registry practice. What do you anticipate your proposed gTLD will add to the current space in terms of competition, differentiation or innovation? Amazon values the opportunity to be one of the first companies to own a gTLD. A .LIKE registry will:
- Provide Amazon with additional controls over its technical architecture, offering a stable and secure foundation for online communication and interaction.
- Provide Amazon a further platform for innovation.
- Enable Amazon to protect its intellectual property rights.
- be at least 3 characters and no more than 63 characters long
- not contain a hyphen on the 3rd and 4th position (tagged domains)
- contain only letters (a-z), numbers (0-9) and hyphens or a combination of these
- start and end with an alphanumeric character, not a hyphen
- not match any character strings reserved by ICANN
- not match any protected country names or geographical terms
- Internationalized domain names (IDN) may be supported in the .LIKE registry at the second level.
- The .LIKE registry will respect third party intellectual property rights.
- .LIKE domains may not be delegated or assigned to third party organizations, institutions, or individuals.
- All .LIKE domains will carry accurate and up-to-date registration records.
Amazon’s Intellectual Property group reserves the right to revoke a license to use a .LIKE domain name, at any time, if any use of a .LIKE domain name violates the Domain Management Policy. Will your proposed gTLD impose any measures for protecting the privacy of confidential information of registrants or users? Yes. Amazon will implement appropriate privacy policies respecting requirements of local jurisdictions. For example, Amazon is a participant in the Safe Harbor program developed by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Union. Describe whether and in what ways outreach and communications will help to achieve your projected benefits? There is no foreseeable reason for Amazon to undertake public outreach or mass communication about its new gTLD registry because domains will be provisioned in line with Amazon’s business goals."