|Registry:||Pictet Europe S.A.|
|Priority #:||837 - Pictet Europe S.A.|
|Parked Domain %:||9.3 %|
|Delegation:||07 March 2015|
.pictet is a Brand TLD delegated in ICANN's New gTLD Program. The applicant and manager of the TLD is Pictet Europe S.A..  The proposed application succeeded and was delegated to the Root Zone on March 7, 2015.
The following is excerpted from the applicant's response to question #18:
"Pictetʹs dotBrand TLDʹs mission is to support Pictetʹs in concentrating, at all times, on its clientsʹ and web-users specific needs through a new internet presence dimension.
The objective of Pictet is not to become a registry or to generate new sources of revenue by selling domain names. The ʺ.pictetʺ TLD will:
- be at the core of Pictetʹs online brand, marketing and communication strategies;
- serve as a platform around which Pictet will group second-level domains for individual services; branches as well as eventually partners or distributors;
- reinforce online security;
- allow Pictet to strengthen relationships with current customers and business partners;
- target new audiences through innovating marketing; and,
- develop partnerships through co-branding.
Eligibility is the central requirement to apply to and be awarded the use of a ʺ.pictetʺ domain name. It is therefore necessary that underline the eligibility requirements for registration of a ʺ.pictetʺ domain name, and maintain its eligibility throughout the term of the authorization to use.
Are eligible to a ʺ.pictetʺ domain name the following:
- Pictet & Cie and its subsidiary for commercial usages.
- Members of the Pictet family bearing this last name for private or commercial usages
- Business partners of Pictet & Cie and its subsidiary – while domain names will have to be managed by a Pictet entity
Founded in 1805 in Geneva, Pictet & Cie is today one of Switzerlandʹs largest private banks, and one of the premier independent asset management specialists in Europe, with over USD 325 billion in assets under management and custody at 31 December 2011. Pictet & Cie is a partnership owned and managed by eight general partners with unlimited liability for the bankʹs commitments.
The Pictet group, based in Geneva, employs more than 3,200 staff. The Group has offices in the following financial centres: Barcelona, Basel, Dubai, Florence, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Lausanne, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Milan, Montreal, Nassau, Paris, Rome, Singapore, Turin, Tokyo and Zurich.
Pictet Asset Management (ʺPAMʺ) includes all the operating subsidiaries and divisions of the Pictet group that carry out institutional asset management: Pictet Asset Management SA, a Swiss corporation registered with the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority FINMA, Pictet Asset Management Limited, a UK company authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority, and Pictet Asset Management (Japan) Limited, a Japanese company regulated by the Financial Services Agency of Japan.
At 31st December 2011, Pictet Asset Management managed USD 110 billion in assets, invested in equity and bond markets worldwide. PAM has thirteen business development centres across the globe, extending from London, Geneva, Frankfurt, Luxembourg, Madrid, Milan, Paris and Zurich via Dubai, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Singapore to Montreal.
Pictet has a strong web presence with an annual budget of web communication and operations of close to CHF one million and over 50,000 Pictet webpages visited daily. The ʺ.pictetʺ TLD will permit the company to redefine its online web architecture and communication by easing access to application webpages."
- Delegated String, ICANN.org Retrieved 07 Mar 2015
- Application Download, gTLDresult.ICANN.org Retrieved 20 Feb 2013