|Date Implemented:||25 December 2014|
903 - Top Level Domain Holdings
1071 - Famous Four Media (dot Sale Limited)
1131 - Rightside
|Parked Domain %:||65.67 %|
|Delegation:||25 December 2014|
|General Availability:||06 May 2015|
.sale is a TLD delegated in ICANN's New gTLD Program. After a private auction in September 2014, Donuts/Rightside became the sole applicant for the string. The company manages the TLD and is its Registry. The proposed application succeeded and was delegated to the Root Zone on 25 December, 2014.
- Rightside applied for 307 TLDs. This applicant submitted a Public Interest Commitment, which can be downloaded here.
- Top Level Domain Holdings Ltd. filed for 68 new TLD applications on its own behalf. This applicant submitted a Public Interest Commitment, which can be downloaded here. .sale was WITHDRAWN by TLDH, along with another 3 TLDs (.free, .spa, .zulu), in April 2013.
- Uniregistry, Corp., Frank Schilling's company applied for 54 new TLDs.
- Famous Four Media applied for 61 new TLDs.
- Dot-Sale LLC
European Commission Communiqué
The European Commission flagged all applications for .sale outside of ICANN's defined remediation processes.
Just after ICANN's GAC issued its Early Warnings, which are advice given from one GAC member country to an applicant warning it of potential issues within its application, the European Commission issued a letter to all applicants within the new gTLD program. The letter highlights 58 applications that "could raise issues of compatibility with the existing legislation .. and/or with policy positions and objectives of the European Union." It notes a desire to open a dialog with each offending applicant.
The Commission specifically notes that this objection is not a part of the GAC Early Warning process, and goes on to note that "the Commission does not consider itself legally bound to [ICANN] processes," given that there is not legal agreement between the two bodies.
Priority Pre-Registration - Early Access
From April 29, 2015 to May 6, 2015 .sale can be secured at a premium price, and on a first-come, first-served basis. 
Pre-Registration - General Availability
On May 6, 2015, .sale will reach general availability on a first-come, first-served basis. Bulk registration will be available during this period.
- Delegated String, ICANN.org Retrieved 06 Apr 2015
- gTLD Application Update 92 applications submitted, TLDH.org
- TLDh withdrawing 4 new gTLD applications fee sale spa zulu en.PaperBlog.com Retrieved 9 May 2013
- Here Are the 54 New gTLDs That Frank Schillings Uniregistry applied for, TheDomains.com
- DomainIncite.com/Docs Published 27 Nov 2012, Retrieved 11 Dec 2012
- Europe Rejects ICANNs Authority As it Warns of Problems with 58 New gTLDs, DomainIncite.com Published 27 Nov 2012, Retrieved 11 Dec 2012
- Donuts Snatches Four New gTLDs at Auction beating Amazon to .video DomainIncite; by Kevin Murphy; Retrieved 23 Sept 2014
- About .SALE Domain Names, GoDaddy.com Retrieved 29 Apr 2015