|Date Implemented:||19 August 2015|
|Priority #:||1579 - |
1663 - Donuts (Pine Falls, LLC)
|Parked Domain %:||59.7 %|
|Delegation:||07 May 2015|
|General Availability:||19 August 2015|
.taxi is a new TLD delegated in ICANN's New gTLD Program. Donuts (Pine Falls, LLC) manages the TLD and is its Registry. The proposed application succeeded and was delegated to the Root Zone on 07 May, 2015. The TLD reached General Availability August 19, 2015. 
- Taxi Pay GmbH, Community Application, this applicant submitted a Public Interest Commitment, which can be downloaded here
- Famous Four Media (dot Taxi Limited) - the company has applied for 64 new TLDs.
- Donuts (Pine Falls, LLC) - one of 307 applications submitted by the company. This applicant submitted a Public Interest Commitment, which can be downloaded here.
A community priority application was submitted by Taxi Pay GmbH. Its primary supporters include taxi organizations and associations in Germany and Austria. It identifies four type of taxi community members: The core industry of taxi drivers and offices; the related industries involved in hardware and software suppliers, automotive repair shops, and insurance companies; subordinate organizations affiliated with government supervision and policy development; and major institutions and locations that rely heavily on taxi services in and around their venue(s).
"First, an applicant for a .taxi second level domain has to submit proof of his or her affiliation with the taxi industry to the desired registrar. This process does not involve any formalities on the side of TaxiPay GmbH except an official document, such as a taxi license or a commensurate certificate of registration stating the purpose of the company and aligning it with a strong affiliation to the taxi community."
In March 2014 a Community Priority Evaluation (CPE) panel decided that the applicant would not prevail as a community applicant, giving them a 6 out of 16 possible points (14 are needed to pass). Thus the applicant will now have to resolve the contention set through other means such as a Private or ICANN auction.
Name Collision Issues
In October 2013 ICANN released their final assessment and mitigation plan for the Name Collision issue that was facing the New gTLD program. On 18 November 2013, ICANN announced the applied-for strings that were eligible for an alternative path towards delegation that would allow applicants to proceed without waiting for further mitigation research and plans to be published. 25 strings, including .taxi, were not eligible for the alternative path, and will have to wait for more plans to be published before continuing towards delegation.
- Delegated String, ICANN.org Retrieved 07 May 2015
- http://domainnamewire.com/2015/08/18/this-weeks-new-tlds-a-big-week-for-donuts-radix/ Retrieved 19 August 2015
- Famous Four Media Applies 61 Generic TLDs Poker Bet Bingo Casino Win, TheDomains.com
- Application 1-1025-18840
- CPE Status ICANN.org; Retrieved 13 June 2014
- Announcement 17 Nov 13, ICANN.org Retrieved 20 Feb 2014