|Date Implemented:||06 May 2015|
|Priority #:||374 - Donuts (Blue Tigers, LLC)|
|Parked Domain %:||59.59 %|
|Delegation:||06 May 2015|
|General Availability:||19 August 2015|
.theater is a delegated gTLD in ICANN's new gTLD program. Donuts (Blue Tigers, LLC) manages the TLD and is its Registry. The proposed application succeeded and was delegated to the Root Zone on 06 May, 2015. The TLD reached General Availability August 19, 2015. 
- Key GTLD Holding Inc, the applicant also submitted an application for the alternate spelling, .theatre. 
Key GTLD Holding Inc
Key GTLD Holding Inc's application was issued a GAC Early Warning from the representative of Australia and GAC Chair, Heather Dryden. The warning system is noted as a strong recommendation on behalf of national governments to the ICANN Board that a given TLD application should be denied as it stands. Applicants are encouraged to work with objecting GAC members.
The warning states that the applicant is "seeking exclusive access to a common generic string .. that relates to a broad market sector," which Ms. Dryden notes could have unintended consequences and a negative impact on competition.
- Delegated String, ICANN.org Retrieved 06 May 2015
- http://domainnamewire.com/2015/08/18/this-weeks-new-tlds-a-big-week-for-donuts-radix/ Retrieved 19 August 2015
- Theater Status, ICANN.org
- GAC Early Warning, NewgTLDS.ICANN.org Retrieved 25 Nov 2012
- Theater AU. GACweb.ICANN.org Retrieved 25 Nov 2012