|Registry:||Travelers TLD, LLC|
|Priority #:||1250 - Travelers TLD, LLC|
|Parked Domain %:||50.0 %|
|Delegation:||11 December 2015|
The following is excerpted from the applicant's response to question #18:
"Travelers recognized worldwide by our iconic Umbrella trademark, offers a wide variety of insurance and surety products, as well as risk management services, to numerous types of businesses, organizations and individuals. Our products are distributed primarily through U.S. independent insurance agents and brokers. We have an expanding international market presence internationally with business operations in Canada, U.K., Ireland and a joint venture in Brazil with JMalucelli related to surety insurance opportunities.
- Second-largest writer of commercial U.S. property casualty insurance [Based on 2010 direct written premium.]
- Third-largest writer of U.S. personal insurance through independent agents [Based on 2010 direct written premium.]
- Serves millions of customers
- Total assets of approximately $105 billion, shareholders’ equity of $24 billion and total revenue of $25 billion, as of December 31, 2011.
- A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average
- Traded on the NYSE under the symbol “TRV”
- More than 30,000 employees
- Representatives in every U.S. state, Canada, Ireland and the U.K.
- Represented by approximately 13,000 independent agencies and brokerages countrywide
We will initially conduct consumer marketing, technical research along with monitoring of market trends and consumer behavior to determine the most effective and secure way for Travelers to market and provide its insurance and financial services through the TLD. During this initial research period, Travelers will not use the TLD to provide any information or services to the public, but reserves the right to use the TLD for internal purposes, including consumer and security-related testing of the TLD for later public use. After the research is completed, Travelers reserves the right to continue to use the TLD only for internal purposes; or if an adequately secure public use is desired and proven viable, to expand use of the TLD accordingly.
The proposed .trv gTLD is a restricted TLD[.]"