Balram Mahendra started his business over 55 years ago with a single person organization with a hired bicycle and a baby typewriter. Now it has grown into a multi-billion dollar, multidivisional business.
The company began by providing clients engineering services, later moving into the manufacturing sector. Company opjective was to manufacture quality products competitively. In the formative years Mr. Mahendra visited various countries researching and building valuable contacts. Handful of newly graduated young man with talent and commitment joined the company.
In the first decade his organization created the designs for production and garnered the experience to a range across the complete industrial plants & equipment spectrum.
In the next ten years they diversified into design and manufacture of Aluminum and steel windows, doors, furniture, hardware and fittings.
Mahendra Empire today comprises of,
- Mahendra International
- Mahendra Electronic Pty Ltd.
- Mahendra Consultants Pty Ltd
- Mahendra Engineering
- Mahendra Food Engineering Co.
- International man of the year for 1999/2000
- 21st Century Award for Achievement
- Member of advisory Council, International Biographical Centre Cambridge, England
- International Trophy, Grand Prix for Technology Duesseldorf, Germany
- The arch of Europe Gold Star Award, Madrid, Spain
- International Trophy for technology & quality, Geneva, Switzerland
- Distinguished Alumni Award Silver Jubilee Award 1978
- Diamond Jubilee Award 2003 from Indian Institute of Metals
- Vija Ratna
- Yuva Ratna
- Rashtriya Ratna
- Vidas Jyoti
He is the co chairperson of Bharat Nirman Build India, Patron of Broadcasters Club of India, former Member of The Indian Economic Mission, Chairperson of the U.S. Management Association, Professor of Manipal Institute of technology, T.A. of Pal Management Institute and the President of Tower Club.
- Believe you can change the world.
- Work quickly, keep the tools unlocked, work whenever. Know when to work alone and when to work together.
- Share - tools, ideas. Trust your colleagues.
- No politics. No bureaucracy. These are ridiculous in a garage.
- The customer defines a job well done.