Daniel Dardailler is the Director of International Relations at World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). Previously, he served as W3C's Associate Chair for Europe, manager of the W3C/ERCIM European and African operations, and chair of the official standard liaison task force of the consortium. In 2007, he was named W3C's Director of International Relations and Offices.
Daniel was appointed liaison to the ICANN Board by the W3C on behalf of the Technical Liaison Group to serve during the year 2006. His term was scheduled to end after the ICANN AGM in 2007.
Education and Career
Daniel earned his Ph.D. in Computer Science in Digital Typography and Networking from the University of Nice Sophia Antipolis in 1989. From 1986 to 1990, he was a Unix/Graphics engineer at the Bull Research Center in France. From 1990 to 1996, Daniel worked in Cambridge, Massachusetts as a software designer and programmer for the X Window System Consortium and the OSF/TheOpenGroup. He joined the W3C/INRIA team in Sophia-Antipolis (France) in July 1996.
The following year, he established the Web Accessibility Initiative and served as its technical director until 2003. According to ICANN, "In this role, he participated in the design of some important standards like HTML, CSS, and WAI Guidelines... As the proposer and manager of several large European Commission IST funded projects supporting the activities of W3C in Europe, Daniel has over the past few years led W3C liaison activities in the area of European and international normalisation, ICANN W3C liaison, UN/WSIS participation, and ISO/ITU liaison matters."
In 2007, Daniel was named Director of International Relations and Offices by W3C.
- Professional Home Page for Daniel Dardailler, W3C
- All Posts by Daniel Dardailler, W3C
- Curriculum Vitae of Daniel Dardailler, W3C
- Daniel Dardailler's short bio, W3C
- W3C Continues ICANN Participation, ERCIM News
- Dardailler, Daniel, Internet Governance Forum
- Daniel Dardailler, a 2000 engraved glass panel by Nick Crowe, Government Art Collection
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Daniel Dardailler, ICANN. Retrieved November 11, 2015.
- ↑ W3C Names Daniel Dardailler Director of International Relations and Offices, W3C. Retrieved November 11, 2015.