Elise Gerich has been a Community Ambassador for Greensparc since February 2018. She served as President of Public Technical Identifiers (PTI) and Vice President of IANA & Technical Operations from May 2010 to October 2017. Shortly after the PTI was formed to replace IANA, following the US government's relinquishment of oversight, Gerich was confirmed as President of PTI.
In April 2017, Gerich announced that she would step down from her role at ICANN in October 2017, stating “My decision to leave was a difficult one, but this seems like a good time for a hand-off, as the new affiliate PTI is established and stable. And in October, we will have achieved a major milestone with the rollover of the root zone Key Signing Key (KSK).”
Prior to joining ICANN, Gerich worked for Juniper Networks for nine years, where she served most recently as Director of Software Product Management. Before then, she worked as the Director of Operations for the @Home Network, which "built and operated the first national backbone for delivery of Internet Services by North American cable operators". Before @Home, Gerich served as the Associate Director National Networking at Merit Network in Michigan. While at Merit she was also a Principal Investigator for NSFNET's T3 Backbone Project and the Routing Arbiter Project. She also has served as co-chair of the Internet Planning Group (IEPG), chair and co-founder of the North American Network Operators' Group (NANOG), the National Science Foundation's representative on the Federal Engineering Planning Group, and a member of the Internet Architecture Board (IAB). Gerich earned her Bachelor of Arts from the University of Michigan.
- The IANA Functions in 180 Seconds featuring Elise Gerich (March 27, 2014) by ICANNnews, YouTube
- ICANN urges IPv6 adoption as global address shortage looms by Leon Spencer (May 23, 2014), ZDNet
- Elise Gerich appointed to Coordination Group as staff expert to provide information as needed: #IANAstewa… (July 2014), DOMfinder
- APRICOT 2015: Elise Gerich looking back at the ABC’s of the Number Registry System by George Michaelson (March 2, 2015), APNIC
- IANA Update & FoI Implementation Planning - Elise Gerich, IANA; Naela Sarras IANA | Presentation, ICANN (2015)
- Confirmation of Elise Gerich as President of PTI
- Elise Gerich to Leave ICANN After Seven Years of Service
- Elise Gerich, ICANN Retrieved November 19, 2015.