Epic Media Group (EMG Connexus, Inc.)
|Ownership:||Large Private Equity, Venture Capital|
|Headquarters:||Los Angeles, CA & New York, NY|
|Employees:||340 at max headcount,|
29 VP & higher incl. 18 C-level
| David Graff, interim CEO |
Brett Lofgren, Chief Revenue Officer
Epic Media Group is the trade name for EMG Connexus, Inc. The company is a global digital marketing solutions provider. Epic Media Group provides advertising services, brand building and performance-based customer acquisition solutions.
Epic Marketplace serves as the brand leader and cornerstone of the company, which is ranked within the top 10 data-driven advanced targeting networks, with over 145 million visitors per month.
EMG Connexus has been in business since 2001, and was originally founded as YF Direct, Inc., and later changed its name to NetBlue in 2004. Art Shaw was appointed CEO in 2005 (and held this role until April 2011), and in 2006 the original company acquired Vendare Media Group in a merger and changed its name to Connexus. In 2010, the company acquired Epic Advertising in a merger and changed its name to EMG Connexus, aka "Epic Media Group". It has offices located in New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, San Francisco, London, Chicago and Vietnam.
Conceived as an online industry consolidation platform, EMG Connexus has made twenty-two (22) acquisitions since it was founded. The company was accredited by the Better Business Bureau in 2010.
Conceived as an online industry consolidation platform, EMG Connexus has made twenty-two (22) acquisitions since it was founded. Major transactions include:
• Traffic Marketplace was acquired from Vivendi Universal, 2003
• New.Net, Inc. was acquired from Idealab, 2004
• Vendare Media Group was acquired from Insight Partners, Millennium and Idealab, 2004
• Admodus, Inc. was acquired from Insight Partners, 2007
• Epic Advertising was acquired from TA Associates and Stripes Group, 2010
Epic-Media Group has a multi-channel integrated traffic distribution capable of feeding different kinds of digital marketing platforms. The company's traffic distribution brands include Epic Marketplace, Epic Direct, Epic Display, Epic Mobile, Epic Social, and Firstlook. 
The company is a recipient of various awards, which include:
- mThink- The Top CPA Network 2010
- Advertising Age- Best Places to Work in Marketing and Media
- Crains Best Places to Work in New York City- ranked third
- Stevie Award Marketing Team of the Year-2009
- 2009 Rebrand 100
Epic Media Group supports organizations like the Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Avon Walk for Breast Cancer, The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, The Children's Heart Foundation, Coro New York Leadership Center and CHOC Children's Foundation.
- AdExchanger Interview With CEO Shaw
- Vendare Media-Net Blue Merger
- Connexus-Epic Advertising Merger
- Better Business Bureau
- Traffic Marketplace Acquired
- New.Net aka FirstLook Acquired
- Vendare Media Group Acquired
- Admodus Acquired
- Epic Acquired
- 2nd AdExchanger Interview With CEO Shaw/