Frank Fitzsimmons is a former ICANN Board member, serving from October 1998 to December 2002.
Frank was appointed to the ICANN Board as one of its nine initial directors in October 1998. In 1999, he was appointed chair of the Committee of the Board of Directors on Reconsideration, and in 2001 he became a member of the Audit Committee of the Board. He served on the Board until December 2002.
Frank is a Managing Directorat Adelphi Capital, LLC. Prior to joining Adephi, he was CEO of Formatta Corporation, where he "repositioned the company from a "government solutions e-forms provider to a data collection workflow and digital signature company and obtained over $4 million in venture capital financing".
Previously, he was the Chief Operating Officer for Iridian Technologies, "the exclusive developer of biometric authentication and identification technology based on patents for iris recognition". Prior to Iridian, he worked for Dun & Bradstreet, where he served as Senior Vice President, Global Marketing. He was responsible for the implementation of marketing initiatives related to access systems, consulting partner and software and marketing, electronic markets, Internet applications, and value-added products. From 1994 to 1996, Frank was Vice President, Applications Marketing where he was in charge of product development and new markets. He was also Vice President, Finance for the Business Marketing Services Division and Vice President, Strategic Planning for D&B Information Services, North America. Previously, he held positions in Finance and Planning for Amerada Hess and the international divisions of W.R. Grace & Co.
Frank earned his Bachelors degree in accounting from Ithaca College and a M.B.A. degree in finance from Columbia University.
- About SCIOMETRICS: Frank Fitzsimmons - Advisor, SCIOMETRICS LLC
- "New Internet organization quickly names its board" by Elinor Mills, InfoWorld (November 2, 1998)
- ICANN Expected to Announce New Domains Today, ABC News
- Encyclopedia of New Media: An Essential Reference to Communication and Technology (pg. 253), by Steve Jones (SAGE Publications, December 10, 2002)
- Wilson Named to Internet Board by Stephen E. Sachs (October 7, 1998), The Crimson, Harvard University. Retrieved November 12, 2015.
- Who is running this joint?, by Penelope Patsuris (November 30, 1998), Forbes. Retrieved November 12, 2015.
- Mission Impossible (December 1, 2000), Wired. Retrieved November 12, 2015.
- 1999-03-04 - APPOINTMENTS TO BOARD RECONSIDERATION COMMITTEE, ICANN. Retrieved November 12, 2015.
- 2002-04-22 - Audit Committee, ICANN. Retrieved November 12, 2015.
- Frank Fitzsimmons, ICANN. Retrieved November 12, 2015.
- Frank Fitzsimmons, Electronic Commerce Code Management Association (ECCMA). Retrieved November 12, 2015.
- Iridian Technologies Names Frank Fitzsimmons Chief Executive Officer, BusinessWire (May 13, 2003). Retrieved November 12, 2015.