Helmut Schick is a former ICANN Board member, serving from 2002-2003.
Helmut retired from Nokia at the end of 2015. He was previously Head of Industry Environment Telco Standards (Nokia) and served as Vice Chair of ITU-T SG 15 (Transport Networks), where he was responsible for innovation and marketing. He served as Vice Chair of the open IPTV Forum and as a member of the boards of the IPSphere Forum, Telemanagement Forum, and ICANN, and as chair of ETSI project TIPHON on IP Telephony. Helmut is a founder of The Standards Consultants, a company "specializing in consultancy around standards for Information and communication technology. This encompasses coaching of experts, strategy advice, and outsourcing. The company operates a network of experts and is able to resource flexibly and competent."
Helmut studied physics at the Technical University of München and holds a Ph.D. in the area of micro-analytics and semiconductor physics.
- ICANN Tutorial (see "Structure of ICANN")
- Steering Committee, India Telco 2011
- FORECAST'13: Speaker Biographies, EBU
- Dr Helmut Schink - ITU Telecom World 2013, International Telecommunication Union
- Dr. Helmut Schink | Head of Industry Environment Telco Standards Nokia (PDF). IRT GmbH. Retrieved November 12, 2015.
- Dr Helmut Schink, The University of Huddersfield. Retrieved November 12, 2015.
- Elite Members on Board, SABS. Retrieved November 12, 2015.