|Email:||james [at] seng.sg|
James Seng (ChingHong Seng) is an Internet Entrepreneur and Investor. He is the founder and CEO of Zodiac, which has applied for 15 Chinese TLDs. Mr. Seng is also a Partner at Tandem Advisors LLP.
In the early stages of his career, James Seng's mentor Dr. Tan Tin Wee inspired him to work on IDNs to curb the digital divide in Asia. With $24 million in investment from Venture Capital firms General Atlantic Partners and Network Solutions/Verisign, James went on become the founder and CTO of i-DNS.net. During this time, he was working on the standardization of IDNs as the Co-Chair of the IDN Working Group at IETF. He also stressed the need for IDNs at various forums such as ICANN, ITU and IGF and today, his efforts have helped make IDN an Internet standard.
In 2009, James was appointed to ICANN's ALAC. He represents the Asia/Pacific region, and brings a wealth of experience in IDNs and the Internet communities of the multiple Asian countries he has lived in.
Currently, James is the Vice President of 21Vianet Group, Inc (NASDAQ:VNET)
- Vice President, 21Vianet Group, Inc
- CEO, Zodiac Holdings Limited
- Chief Technology Officer at Shanghai Synacast Media Tech Co. Ltd
- Partner at Thymos Capital LLP
- Assistant Director at IDA (Institute for Defense Analyses)
- Chief Technology Officer at i-DNS.net International Inc.
- ICANN At-Large Advisory Committee 
- Chairman and founding member, APEET (Asia Pacific ENUM Engineering Team) 
- Member, Asia Pacific IPv6 Task Force 
- Steering Committee, Asia Pacific Networking Group 
- Member & Webmaster of the Education Team, Internet Engineering Task Force
- Member, ICANN IDN Registry Implementation Committee (IDN-RIC) 
- Director, Asia Pacific Internet Association 
- Co-chair, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) Working Group, ITSC
- Member, Joint Engineering Team (JET)
- Member, The Community of Asia Pacific Internet Organizations
- Member, Information Technology Management Association
- Member, World Wide Web Consortium
- Member, Unicode Technical Consortium
- Member, Internet Society
- Member, Multilingual Internet Name Consortium
- Co-chair Internationalized Domain Names Working Group, IETF 
- Member, Asia Pacific Internet Association
- Member, Asia Pacific Networking Group
- Chair, IDNs Working Group, APNG
- 2004, developed Tomorrow.sg, a popular meta blog in Singapore 
- 1998, founded i-DNS.net and served as it's Chief Technology Officer for 3 years.
- 1995, developed PObox, a web-based email and forwarding service. PObox is licensed and commercialized by Singapore Press Holdings
- 1994, designed Singapore InfoMAP, the official Website of Singapore
- 1993, developed a multiplayer role playing online game called the Heroes of the Lance