|Email:||chon [at] cosmos.kaist.ac.kr|
Kilnam Chon is a Professor at Keio University. He also teaches at KAIST.
Chon holds a Ph.D anda M.Sc. in Computer Science from the University of Califonia, Los Angeles and a B.Sc. in Engineering Science from Osaka University.
He started working as a System Engineer at Rockwell in the Late sixties. From 1976 to 1980, he worked in the Technical Team of Jet Propulsion Laboratory. He then joined ETRI(formerly KIET) as a Principal Investigator.
Since 1982, Chon has been teaching at KAIST. In 2008, he taught at the Tsinghua University in Beijing as a Visiting Professor.
Since the early 80's, he has been working with network systems and the Internet. He has actively participated in groups like APNG, APAN and APTLD. Currently he Co-chairs the Coordination Committee of Intercontinental Research Networking. He is the developer of the first Internet in Asia, which was called SDN.
- Chair of Internet Association of Korea, (2000 – Present)
- Chair of Korea Networking Council, (1985-1995)
- Chair of Asia Pacific Networking Group, (1992-1995)
- Conference Organization Chair of KRNET
- Chair of Asia-Pacific Coordinating Committee on Intercontinental Research Networking
- Technical Advisory Group Member of Interop
- Chair of Asia Pacific Top Level Domain Name Forum, (1999-Present)
- Chair of Asia Pacific Advanced Network, (1997-Present)
- Co-chair of Coordinating Committee on Intercontinental Research Networking
In 2000, he founded Networking, Inc.
Chon is the Author or the co-author of the following Publications:
- The origin and early development of the Internet and of the netizen
- ISPSG: Internet Service Provider-Separated Geographic-Based Addressing and Routing
- Adjusting the Aggregate Throughput of Parallel TCP Flows without Central Coordination
- G-tcp to govern aggregate throughput of parallel TCP flows
- Network-aware Overlay Multicast for Large Data Dissemination
- Future Internet and The Other Billions - Research Opportunity
- Past, Present & Future of Research in the Information Society
- A Brief History of the Internet in Korea
- The Future of the Internet Digital Divide
- NLM : network-based layered multicast for traffic control of heterogeneous network
- Proactive web caching with cnmulative prefetching for large multimedia data
- Scalable Traffic Control Scheme for Interactive Multimedia Sessions
- Testing Methods for SDL Systems
- Hierarchical Session Management for Large Scale Sessions
A Complete List of Chon's Publications can be read here