|Organization:||GCI Communications Corp|
Name and Pronunciation
Name: Leif Sawyer
Pronunciation: I go by /ˈleɪf/, which is the dipthong "æ", thus rhyming with "safe."
Pronouns: I primarily use masculine (he/him) but accept neutral (they/them)
Leif has worked in the digital telecommunications industry since 1991, with experience spanning systems administration, IP resource management, network engineering and architecture, and IT/OT security architecture. An avid Linux user since 1992, Leif contributes to a variety of open-source projects, both personal and public. In the global space, he contributes to the Galmon project, in order to track GNSS satellite performance for both time and position accuracy, as well as various ADS-B aggregation sites for air-traffic monitoring.
Leif holds a general-class amateur radio operator license in the US, call-sign KL5BN.
ICANN and Internet Governance Participation
- 2007 - Began attending ARIN policy meetings
- 2014 - Elected to the ARIN Advisory Council, also began attending other RIR meetings
- 2017 - Appointed to Vice Chair (through 2020)
- 2021 - Elected to Chair (through 2022)
- 2022 - Fellow for ICANN 75 (first meeting)
- 2023 - Re-elected as Chair of ARIN Advisory Council
- 2022-now - Network Engineer at GCI Communications, Corp
- 2017-2022 - Enterprise Security Architect at GCI Communications, Corp
- 2001-2017 - Network Engineer at GCI Communications, Corp
- 1999-2001 - Systems Engineer at GCI Communications, Corp
- 1995-1999 - Network Analyst at GCI Communications, Corp
- 1993-1995 - Network Technician at University of Alaska, Anchorage
- 1991-1993 - Computer Lab Tech at University of Alaska, Anchorage
Region / Timezone
Leif is located in the central Alaska timezone (AKST/AKDT) which is UTC-9
ICANN76 Playing Card Illustration