New gTLD Program Committee
The New gTLD Program Committee (NGPC) is a group set up by the ICANN Board to make decisions regarding the New gTLD Program. The NGPC is comprised of all ICANN Board members who do not have a Conflict of Interest relating to the New gTLDs, in addition to two non-voting liaisons. It was formed at the 10 April 2012 meeting of the ICANN Board and was given the full legal decision making authority of the Board in matters concerning the New gTLD Program and the Applicant Guidebook.
- Cherine Chalaby (Chair)
- Fadi Chehadé
- Chris Disspain
- Bill Graham
- Olga Madruga-Forti
- Erika Mann
- Gonzalo Navarro
- Ray Plzak
- George Sadowsky
- Mike Silber
- Kuo-Wei Wu
- Heather Dryden (Non Voting Liaison)
- Jonne Soininen (Non Voting Liaison)
As laid out in the NGPC's charter, its responsibilities include: "
- Overseeing Board-level issues and exercising Board-level authority for any and all issues that may arise relating to the New gTLD Program for the current round of the Program and as related to the Applicant Guidebook for which the Board would otherwise have oversight authority;
- Approving amendments to, or modification of, the Guidebook and all attachments thereto for which approval would otherwise be required by the Board;
- Receiving input or advice from ICANN’s Governmental Advisory Committee and other stakeholders, as appropriate, relating to New gTLD applications;
- Resolving issues relating to the approval of applications and the delegation of gTLDs pursuant to the New gTLD Program for the current round of the Program; and
- Approving the expenditure of resources necessary to administer the New gTLD Program for the current round of the Program and as related to the Applicant Guidebook."
- New gTLD Committee, ICANN.org Retrieved 12 Dec 2013
- Approved Board Resolutions, 10 April 2012, ICANN.org Retrieved 12 Dec 2013
- NGPC Charter, ICANN.org Retrieved 12 Dec 2013