|Region:||Latin America and the Caribbean|
Olga Madruga-Forti is International Counsel for ARSAT S.A., an international satellite company based in Buenos Aires, Argentina. She was elected to serve on the ICANN Board starting in October 2012, a position she held until her resignation in October 2014.
In August 2012, Madruga-Forti was elected by the Nominating Committee to serve on the ICANN Board starting October 2012, replacing Rajasekhar Ramaraj. She held the position for two years before resigning from the board in October 2014. Steve Crocker said, "I have truly enjoyed working with Olga over the years. We wish her the best in her new pursuits." ICANN provided few details, but released a statement which read, "Olga Madruga-Forti has announced that she is resigning from the ICANN Board of Directors after serving in that position for two years".
Madruga-Forti is an Argentinian telecoms policy expert, particularly related to satellite, and has experience in both the public and private sectors. Prior to joining ARSAT, Madruga-Forti was Vice President, Regulatory and Legal, for Iridium Satellites, and prior to Iridium was the Vice President, Regulatory and Legal, for Loral CyberStar, a U.S. international satellite company. Before that, Olga served on the Federal Communications Commission as Special Counsel for International Satellite Policy and Chief of the Domestic Services Branch of the Common Carrier Bureau. She has also served as the Chair of the Satellite Working Group at the Organization of American States, Inter-American Telecommunications Commission. Earlier in her career, Madruga-Forti was an Associate with Washington law firm Scott, McLeod, Pires & Price, and also Assistant County Attorney with the Dade County Attorney's Office in Miami, Florida.
Olga earned her degree in law from Georgetown University Law Center, where she focused on international business law. She graduated as the Belgrano Scholar to the Organization of American States. She received her BA in both English and French Literature from Emory University.
- Profile at ICANN
- Thank You to Olga Madruga-Forti for her service to the ICANN Board (2014), ICANN
- Satellite policy expert named ICANN director by Kevin Murphy (August 31, 2012), Domain Incite. Retrieved November 9, 2015.
- Olga Madruga-Forti Resigns from ICANN Board (October 15, 2014), ICANN. Retrieved November 9, 2015.
- Another ICANN Board member resigns: Olga Madruga-Forti quits domain oversight organization by Kieren McCarthy (October 16, 2014), The Register. Retrieved November 9, 2015.
- Biographies of the 2012 NomCom Selected Nominees: Board of Directors: Olga Madruga-Forti, ICANN. Retrieved November 9, 2015.
- Olga Madruga-Forti Returns To International Bureau As Division Chief (October 27, 2014), Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved November 9, 2015.
- Olga Madruga-Forti Returns To International Bureau As Division Chief (October 29, 2014), Benton Foundation. Retrieved November 9, 2015.