National Internet Registry
A National Internet Registry (or NIR) is an organization under the umbrella of a Regional Internet Registry with the task of coordinating IP address allocations and other Internet resource management functions at a national level within a country or economic unit.
NIRs operate primarily in the Asia Pacific region, under the authority of APNIC, the Regional Internet Registry for that region.
The following NIRs are currently operating in the APNIC region:
- APJII (Asosiasi Penyelenggara Jasa Internet Indonesia), Indonesian ISP Association
- CNNIC, China Internet Network Information Center
- JPNIC, Japan Network Information Center
- KRNIC, Korea Internet & Security Agency
- TWNIC, Taiwan Network Information Center
- VNNIC, Vietnam Internet Network Information Center
- Indian Registry for Internet Names and Numbers
The following NIRs are currently operating in the Latin American (LACNIC) region: