Pindar Wong is a former ICANN Board member.
- Vice Chairman of the Board
- At Large Study Committee (2001)
- Associate Chair of 2003 Nominating Committee
- non-voting member of the 2004 Nominating Committee
Education and Career
According to ICANN, Wong served as Chairman of the Asia & Pacific Internet Association, Executive Committee Chairman of the Asia Pacific Regional Internet Conference on Operational Technologies, advisor to the Asia Pacific Networking Group, and as a member of the Editorial Advisory Board of Cisco Systems' Internet Protocol Journal. He was also the Chairman of VeriFi (Hong Kong) Ltd., a "discrete Internet infrastructure consultancy". In 1993, he co-founded the first licensed ISP in Hong Kong. He also served as alternate chair of the Asia Pacific Network Information Centre and was appointed to the Policy Oversight Committee by the Internet Architecture Board. He was a doctoral candidate and Sir Edward Youde research fellow at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. Before his fellowship, Wong briefly worked as a banker after graduating with honors in computing science from the Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine.
In 2003, Wong served as Vice-Chairman of the Business Domain for the ITU's Telecom World 2003 and on the Steering Committee for the Youth Forum.
- Governing the Internet: The Emergence of an International Regime (pg. 211) by Marcus F. Franda (Lynne Rienner Publishers, 2001)
- China and India Online: Information Technology Politics and Diplomacy in the World's Two Largest Nations (pg. 93) by Marcus F. Franda (Rowman & Littlefield, 2002)
- Board of Trustees: 2003 Board Election, Internet Society
- Hong Kong Internet Expert Pindar Wong Joins Public Interest Registry Board (2006), Public Interest Registry
- Interview: Pindar Wong (2013.2.27), posted to YouTube by AsiaInternetHistory
- Pindar Wong, Address Supporting Organization, ICANN. Retrieved November 13, 2015.
- Pindar Wong, Associate Chair (2004), ICANN. Retrieved November 13, 2015.
- Strategy Panel on ICANN's Role in the Internet Governance Ecosystem, ICANN. Retrieved November 13, 2015.