|Email:||reinhard.scholl [at] itu.int|
Scholl was appointed to serve as TLG Group Liaison on the ICANN Board in December 2010 for a term ending in October 2011. The had also held the position in 2008. Scholl also served as a member of the Structural Improvements Committee and the Technical Relations Working Group. When his term ended, ICANN issued a resolution, which read in part, "Reinhard has earned the deep appreciation of the Board for his term of service as TLG Liaison to the ICANN Board, and the Board wishes Reinhard well in all future endeavors."
In 2008, when ICANN approved the introduction of internationalized domain names, Scholl said, "the communiqué also mentioned a welcomed presentation by UNESCO and ITU representatives regarding a proposed collaboration between their organizations and ICANN to advance multilingualism on the Internet."
He received a Ph.D. in physics from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA.
- Reinhard Scholl at ICANN
- Reinhard Scholl at ITU
- ITU board member for ICANN (January 17, 2008), International Telecommunication Union
- itu.int ITU-T Tutorial on Optical Fibre Cables and Systems: Biographies, International Telecommunication Union. Retrieved November 9, 2015.
- Thanks to Reinhard Scholl (2008-11-07), ICANN. Retrieved November 9, 2015.
- Thank You to Reinhard Scholl (2011-10-28), ICANN. Retrieved November 9, 2015.
- ICANN approves the introduction of internationalized domain names (August 8, 2008), UNESCO. Retrieved November 9, 2015.
- intercomms.net IPTV Eventing: InterComms talks to Anagran’s Dr Larry Roberts, International Communications Project. Retrieved November 9, 2015.