|Email:||bob.hutch [at] dynamicventures.com|
Robert Hutchinson is Project Manager and Technical Coordinator of Offshore Software Development at Dynamic Ventures, Inc. He has over 30 years of practical experience in the field of software development.
Robert started his career back in 1969 as a Manager of Computer Operations at Santa Cruz County, where he worked for nearly a decade. From 1978 to 1979 he worked as CEO of Mini-Computer Software Consulting company and Alpha Wave Software company. After that he moved on to become Vice President of Data Processing-CIO at Therma Corporation located in San Jose, and served the company for 1 year. In 1980, he joined Gill Management Services in San Jose and became its Manager Remote Systems. Robert accepted the position of Sr. Software Engineer at Ricoh Corporation in 1982 where he worked for one year and left to join Embedded Software Product Marketing. In 1985, he became Software engineering consultant at Dave Hicks Associates and worked there for 2 years from 1985 to 1987. From then he has served as:
- Senior Software Engineer at OpenView Hewlett-Packard from 1991 to 1993.
- Home Products Architect at Hewlett-Packard from 1993 to 1997.
- Network Server Product Line Architect at Hewlett-Packard from 1997 to 2001.
- Superdome Manageability Architect at Hewlett-Packard from 2001 to 2003.
- Product Architect at AWS from 2003 to 2005.
Robert has a firm grip over developing Windows (for cell phones and PCs) and Linux Application and device drivers. In the field of networking he knows HTML, XML, Java, TCP/IP, Ipv4/Ipv6 Protocols. For development of softwares he can work with .NET, C, C++, MASM, HTML, XML and Java. He also has experience of working in the industry with Computer Hardware Manufacturing, Silicon Manufacturing, Cable TV, Construction, Heating Ventilation and Air-Conditioning.
Robert has a list of achievements related to Internet servers. He designed manageability suite for Windows-based Titanium servers, released four version of the HP E-series ‘entry-level’ server, and created HP’s first 1U 2P high density/low cost rack-mounted server. He also:
- Organized and managed a Network Interface Controller and Internet Security team.
- Led the Home Products Division R&D product design team to create wireless, fiber-to-the-home and Hybrid Fiber Coax [HFC/CATV] internet-to-the-home products.
- Led the engineering team and invented portions of HP MXL data-over-HFC link-layer protocol.
- Built the build-from-source SCM system. Created the developer and end user product installers.
- Designed and implemented network installable NewWave for NetWare [SPX/IPX] and LanManager [TCP/IP].
- Created and authored an automated printer driver test-suite generation tool, which received an HP software excellence award.