Sokol Haxhiu is currently serving as a ccNSO counselor for ICANN, and is the founder and Executive Director of the Center for Development and Technology, a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting development through technology and innovation in Albania. 
Haxhiu was the manager of the ICT for Development Cluster for UNDP Albania for the past five years where he designed, managed and implemented important ICT4D projects for the country, such as GovNet Project, e-Services Project, FOSS Project, e-Accounting Programme, e-School Project, and the x-Road Project. He has also worked for GTZ and EU projects, and authored or co-authored the National ICT Strategy, the Master Plan for e-School, and the Effects of ICT in Education System in Albania, and other research papers.
A native Albanian speaker, Sokol Haxhiu is also fluent in English and Italian; and is active member of organizations like United Nations Development Programme, Center for Technology and Development, and the Task Force for e-Education. 
- ccNSO Counselor, 2010-Present. 
- Executive Director of the Center for Development and Technology, 2004-Present.
- ICTD Manager for the UNDP, 2004-2009.
- Department Head, ICT department of Tirana, Albania, 2002-2004.
- Consultant, IT department, GTZ, 2002-2004
- Lecturer, Computer Applications and Management Information System, University of New York, 2003-2005. 
Oklahoma State University Msc., Telecommunications and Computer Science Management, 2000-2002.
Harding University BA. Honors, 1996-2000.
Haxhiu has also been certified in ICT and e-governance from the e-Governance Academy in Estonia, and in Internet Governance from the Diplo Foundation in Malta.