Translations:New gTLD Program/31/en
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- GAC Early Warnings should be expected shortly after the close of the meeting.
- No contracts or delegations will be made before the next ICANN meeting, in Beijing.
- Seven applicants have withdrawn their applications, zero objections have been filed in the objection process, and there have been 127 change requests. Of those change requests, 29 have been approved, 84 are in review, and 14 require follow-up with applicants.
- String similarity will be analyzed in November.
- The geographic names review was currently being analyzed, and announcements were expected on November 26th.
- The Clarifying Questions test pilot had been run, with questions and survey having been sent on August 31 to various applicants, and responses due on September 17. The following stats were received: 72 percent of the respondents said the 6000 character limit was enough to answer the questions; more than half of respondents, 61 percent, said the financial and technical CQs were clear; some of the feedback included using bullet points instead of paragraphs, and for ICANN to disclose current scores and provide sample LOC and answers that meet requirements; and more than half said that two weeks was not enough time to respond to the CQs.
- Applicants to the Applicant Support Program were currently being analyzed by a five-member panel.
- EBERO, the emergency back-end registry operator, was currently being developed by ICANN. They are planning for there to be three or four EBEROs to represent North America, Europe and Asia.