|Registry:||Top Level Domain Holdings|
|Parked Domain %:||73.16 %|
|Delegation:||31 March 2014|
|General Availability:||15 September 2014|
- Top Level Domain Holdings Ltd.- It is one of 68 applications that the company has filed on its own behalf. This applicant submitted a Public Interest Commitment, which can be downloaded here.
In April 2013, the two applicants, Top Level Domain Holdings Ltd. and Uniregistry announced that they had struck a deal to enter into a joint partnership to run the .country TLD. It was one of the first major partnerships of this kind between portfolio applicants. Both companies will have a 50% equity stake in a new company. Under the conditional heads of terms for the proposed joint venture, either Uniregistry or TLDH will withdraw its application and, once the surviving applications is approved by ICANN, the authority to operate .country will be transferred to the new joint venture. The transfer will require ICANN approval, which the directors of the Company fully expect to be forthcoming. In the end, Uniregistry formally withdrew its application.
Although the company formally withdrew its application, it has a previous partnership with TLDH to administer the .country TLD.
On 19 December 2013 Top Level Domain Holdings received a Registry Agreement signed by ICANN for .country after passing all the required processes needed to become a Registry Operator for the string.
Delegation and Availability
- Delegated Strings, ICANN.org Retrieved 15 April 2014
- gTLD Application Update 92 applications submitted, TLDH.org
- Top Level Domain Holdings MindsMachines Announces Joint Venure with Uniregistry to Operate Country gTLD, OnlineDomain.com Retrieved 13 May 2013, Published 30 April 2013
- Uniregistry Corp. applies for 54 new top-level domains...
- Registry Agreements, ICANN.org Retrieved 30 Dec 2013