|Registry Provider:||Demand Media|
|PIC Submitted:||Download Here|
|Parked Domain %:||54.08 %|
|Delegation:||14 November 2013|
|General Availability:||05 February 2014|
.bike is an active gTLD that was proposed in ICANN's New gTLD Program. The Registry is Donuts (Grand Hollow, LLC), and the company was the only applicant for the string. The proposed application succeeded and was delegated to the Root Zone on 14 November, 2013.
Many of Donuts' applications, including this one, seem to have been applied for using the same boiler-plate application in which the TLD is defined as a means of providing greater expression on the Internet and will be an open TLD without pre-registration policies. It notes its plans to adhere with all registration policies required by ICANN and its intent to have remediation and takedown policies clearly defined to fit within these requirements. Pre-registration verification will not be used and this as defined as causing "cause more harm than benefit by denying domain access to legitimate registrants." They intend to control abuse through "extensive user and rights protections."
Delegation and Availability
Donuts announced that its first 7 gTLDs, including .bike, .clothing, .guru, .holdings, .plumbing, .singles, and .ventures, would have a Sunrise period starting November 26, 2013 and closing January 24, 2014. Interestingly, Donuts said they will not hold a Landrush period for any of these 7 domains, but go immediately to general availability on January 29, 2013.
- Reveal Day 13 June 2012 – New gTLD Applied-For Strings
- .sexy and 10 More gTLDs now in the Root, Domain Incite Retrieved 15 November 2013
- ApplicationDetails, gTLDresult.ICANN.orgRetrieved 12 Dec 2012
- Registry Agreements, ICANN.org Retrieved 09 Oct 2013
- Donuts 1st 7 gTLDs will not have a landrush period but go after sunrise to GA on Jan 29, TheDomains.com Retrieved 06 Nov 2013