|Date Implemented:||21 March 2015|
535 - Dot Tech LLC
1598 - Donuts (Lone Moon, LLC)
1623 - Top Level Domain Holdings
1788 - Google (Charleston Road Registry Inc.)
|Parked Domain %:||45.99 %|
|Delegation:||21 March 2015|
|General Availability:||05 August 2015|
.tech is a delegated TLD in ICANN's New gTLD Program. After an ICANN auction that occurred in September 2014, Dot Tech LLC became the only applicant for the TLD. The proposed application succeeded and was delegated to the Root Zone on 21 March, 2015.
- Top Level Domain Holdings Ltd.- confirmed that it has filed for the .tech TLD on its own behalf. This applicant submitted a Public Interest Commitment, which can be downloaded here.
- STRAAT Investments- the parent company of .co Internet also applied with ICANN to become the registry operator of the TLD. It is one of the 13 new gTLDs applied for by the company. 
- Donuts (Lone Moon, LLC), on of 307 TLDs applied for by Donuts. This applicant submitted a Public Interest Commitment, which can be downloaded here.
- Google (Charleston Road Registry Inc.)
- Uniregistry, Corp.- Domainer Frank Schilling's company applied for 54 TLDs.
TLDH & $15mm Auction Funding
On February 26 2013, Top Level Domain Holdings Ltd. announced that it had entered into a funding agreement worth $15 million to be used in the case of auction for a specific unnamed TLD. The investor will not receive ownership of the TLD but a share of future revenues. TLDH did not name the TLD that the funds are directed for, and it is in 11 head to head contentions and 12 featuring more than one contender.
In one of the first few public ICANN auctions to occur for the New gTLD Program that officially launched in 2012, Dot Tech LLC won the rights to the string over the other applicants, who withdrew their applications as a result.
The auction occurred 17 September 2014, along with two other ICANN auctions for .buy and .vip. The winning price was $6,760,000 US Dollars. Unlike Private auctions, the winning price will not be split among the losing applicants, but will be held by ICANN and used towards a non-profit charity that is yet to be clarified.
- Delegated String, ICANN.org Retrieved 24 Mar 2015
- gTLD Application Update 92 applications submitted, TLDH.org
- Parent company of .Co Internet applies for 13 top level domains (here’s the list)
- Here Are the 54 New gTLDs That Frank Schillings Uniregsitry Applied For, TheDomains.com
- TLDh Gets 15 Million for A Single Top Level Domain Name Auction, DomainNameWire.com Published and Retrieved 26 Feb 2013
- Auction Results ICANN.org; Retrieved 19 September 2014