Abiola Adetokunbo Olugbeng
|Affiliation:||[[:Category:Hope Newspapers|Hope Newspapers]][[Category:Hope Newspapers]]|
|Email:||tyokunbo [at] yahoo.co.uk|
Abiola Adetokunbo Olugbeng is an Author and Journalist with The Hope Newspaper; he specializes in Nigerian politics and IT. He works at the Nigeria Internet Users Coalition, where he focsues on spreading the positive use of the Internet in Nigeria with students, organizations, companies, and other stakeholders.
He is a member of the Association of Nigerian Authors, he is a writer of fiction and his stories have been published at home and internationally. He has been published in a large variety of print magazines, online journals, and other collections, including BBC's Focus on Africa magazine, and also Mayday Magazine. Many of his stories can be found online.
Abiola Adetokunbo has published a novel with Macmillan of Nigeria, entitled Labulabu Mask.
- 2004 United Nations Economic Commission for Africa organised AISI/OSIWA reporting ICT in Rural Communities award
- 2006 Siemens Profile Media Award
- 2007 AISI/GKP/IDRC contest for African journalists writing on ICT policy, 1st Place
- 2007 Merit Award, Profile Media Award
- 2010 UCIP International Award on Women Issues , Honorary Mention
- Pages, articles about individuals