Dr. Henk Uijterwaal is a researcher and senior project manager on information technology. At present, he is the CEO at Uijterwaal BV. He is a member of the 2010 ICANN Nominating Committee and  IETF Trust, which was established in 2005 to advance the Internet education, science and technology for the public interest. The IETF Trust is responsible for acquiring, maintaining and licensing certain existing and future intellectual properties related to internet standards process and administration.  Henk also serves as chairman of the IETF IP Performance Metrics (IPPM) Working Group and as a member of the RIPE Test Traffic Working Group (TT-WG). The IETF IPPM WG for responsible in developing standard metrics that can be used to maintain the quality, performance, and reliability of Internet data delivery services  while the TT-WG is responsible for measuring the performance related parameters on the IPv4/IPv6 Internet. Henk is also a former member of the IETF Administrative Oversight Committee (IAOC), which is responsible for overseeing the daily operations and responsibilities of the IETF Administrative Director (IAD), and providing fiscal and administrative support through activities, contractors and volunteers.
Dr. Uijterwaal received his M. Sc. in Physics from the University of Utrecht. He also holds a Ph.D. in Physics from the University of Amsterdam. He also holds certificates in Project Management, Agile Software Development, IT Service CMM, Project Leadership, Management and Communications, Finances for Non-Financial Managers, Professional Line Management and Introduction to Line Management.
Dr. Henk Uijterwaal's previous positions include:
- Teaching Assistant at the Physics Department of the University of Utrecht, 1985
- Research Physicist at the University of Hamburg Second Institute for Experimental Physics, 1991
- Research Associate at the Physics Department of the Superconducting Super Collider Laboratory in Dallas, USA, 1992-1994
- Postdoctoral Research Associate at University of Oxford, UK.
- System Architect for RIPE NCC- Amsterdam, 1997-1998
- Manager of the “New Projects” Group, RIPE NCC, Amsterdam, 1998-2006. Dveloped the Test Traffic Measurement (TTM) service.
- Senior Project Manager at RIPE NCC (Réseaux IP Européen Network Coordination Centre)in Amsterdam, 2006-2011.
Henk serves as Board Member and Tournament Director of the Dutch Bridge Federation and Chair, Rugbyclub “Betuwe”, Bemmel. He also has written numerous papers on High Energy Physics and Internet related topis.