Jhon Caballero Martinez
|Organization:||Universidad Externado de Colombia|
|Region:||Latin America and the Caribbean|
- Chief Operating Officer at Comunidad Colombiana de Derecho y TIC S.A.S.
- Advisor and consultant in Technology, Media and Public Innovation.
- Professor at Universidad Externado de Colombia.
- Research Assistant, IT Law Department at Universidad Externado de Colombia
- Auditor in the Youth Observatory (2018 - 2020)
ICANN and Internet Governance Participation
He started his career as a Monitor at the Computer Law Department of the Universidad Externado and his interest in the roots of the Internet led him to become one of the youngest fellows of the South School on Internet Governance in 2016. There he had the opportunity to link to the Internet Society's Youth SIG and actively participate in the region's first YouthLACIGF.
Subsequently and thanks to the impact he had in his local community, he was selected within the Internet Society's Youth@IGF program, and later in the NextGen of ICANN62. He participates in the Internet Governance Forum in Colombia and works for greater youth participation through academia.
He is a lawyer at the Universidad Externado and a researcher at the Computer Law Department of the same university. He works as a consultant in the area of public innovation and corporate aspects related to the information and communications technology sector. In 2018 he decided to start a company dedicated to foster innovation and reduce the gaps of appropriation and dissemination of knowledge.