Matthias Markus Hudobnik
|Organization:||University of Graz|
|Affiliation:||ALAC, Fellowship Program, NextGen@ICANN|
Matthias Markus Hudobnik is an Austrian chartered engineer, jurist and researcher. He bought his first domain name with an age of 15 years. At the same time, Hudobnik started coding websites, and has been passionate about the development of the Internet.
Hudobniks professional experiences range from Kazakhstan to Poland, Germany and Austria in the fields of law and technology e.g. international law firms, Cyber Security Center, University of Graz, Austrian Embassy - Commercial Section Almaty Office, Mahle GmbH, Office of the Carinthian Government etc.
ICANN and Internet Governance Participation
Matthias Markus Hudobnik began his journey within ICANN in March 2017 as a participant in the NextGen@ICANN58 program in Copenhagen where he focused on the role as an individual Internet user and his next stages were as follows:
• Since March 2017, Hudobnik is a member of the ALS EURALO Individuals' Association and ISOC.
• In June 2017, he was selected for the Community Regional Outreach Pilot Program slots to attend EuroDIG 2017 in Tallinn.
• In July 2017, Hudobnik completed the 11th European Summer School on Internet Governance in Meissen.
• In October 2017, he was selected as an Ambassador in the NextGen@ICANN program at ICANN60 in Abu Dhabi.
• In December 2017, he was nominated by the EURALO Individuals' Association for the EURALO Board and got the opportunity to attend the IGF 2018 in Geneva.
• Between 2017/2018, Hudobnik served for a full term in the NextGen@ICANN Selection Committee. He is a strong supporter of the NextGen@ICANN program and recently presents to them during ICANN meetings in the context of engagement opportunities within ICANN.
• In May 2018, he was selected to represent EURALO as Community Regional Outreach Program funded candidate to attend re:publica in Berlin focusing on outreach and engagement of individual Internet users, who are interested in shaping the future of the Internet.
• In June 2018, he was part of the EuroDIG 2018 in Tiflis funded by the organizers of the event.
• In October 2018, he participated as ICANN Fellow in ICANN63 in Barcelona and as RIPE NCC Fellow in the RIPE77 as well as in the RIPE NCC Quantum Internet Hackathon in Amsterdam.
• Since August 2018, he is EURALO’s Co-Chair of the ALAC Sub-Committee on Outreach & Engagement.
Hudobnik completed the College of Electronics Specializing in Technical Computer Science in 2008. His school leaving examination project team developed a mobile fitness and body monitoring device named Ironm@Z funded by the Government of Carinthia.
Since the beginning of his law studies at the University of Graz, Hudobnik is focusing on the areas of Cyber Law, Cyber Security, Internet Governance, Privacy, Legal Tech and IPR. He is pursuing his Magister Juris with a thesis related to Internet Governance.
Throughout his studies, Hudobnik went on Erasmus exchange at the Tilburg Law School specialized in International Law and participated in the Tilburg Model United Nations.
Besides, he completed several trainings and summer schools in the fields of Cyber Law (LSE; HSE), IPR (IPR Center University Helsinki), Cyber Security (HSD, NCIA, NATO, Europol; Tallinn University of Technology, University of Adelaide), Internet Governance (Medienstadt Leipzig e.V), Privacy (Karlstad University) and Legal Tech (European University Viadrina, Legal Tech Center) all over the globe.
Moreover, he was part of the UN-Shadowing Program at the IAEA, the 23rd Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Court, and accomplished the Diploma course of the Global Advancement Programme organized by the United Nations Youth and Student Association of Austria - Academic Forum for Foreign Affairs.
• Is network communitarianism a better regulatory model than cyberpaternalism?
• NextGen@ICANN program, ICANN58
• Community Regional Outreach Pilot Program, EuroDIG 2017
• NextGen@ICANN Ambassador program, ICANN60
• Community Regional Outreach Program, re:publica 2018
• ICANN Fellow, ICANN63
• RIPE NCC Fellow, RIPE77